1. Civil War battlegrounds and historic landmark signs every other mile.
2. UVA and Tech fans everywhere you go.
3. These bumper stickers on almost every car you pass.
4. Camo everywhere.
5. That bright orange apparel the second hunting season starts.
6. Oversized pots of Brunswick stew at Friday night football games.
7. Upset Redskins fans.
8. Traffic-inducing tractors.
9. But nothing's worse than the ridiculous traffic jams you see on I-64 and 66.
11. ...in all the wrong places.
12. Too many people shopping at the Short Pump mall.
13. Straight-up colonial scenes happening right in front of you.
14. Plenty of country music concerts, because no one else ever really comes to Virginia.
15. Every corner of both King's Dominion and Busch Gardens.
Who needs a park map?