40 Gifts For Kids That'll Win You Favorite Aunt/Uncle Status
And the award for "Best Auntie" and "Best Uncle" goes to...
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. A purse pet aka an interactive pet full of ~purse-onality!~ It has 25 sounds and reactions and actually blinks, blows kisses, and responds to questions. Perfect for the chic and sassy child...who obviously takes after their aunt or uncle.
2. A Pixicade mobile game maker so your niece or nephew can turn their own drawings into playable video games (builds up to 1,600 video games)...as you think up strategies to beat them at their ~own game.~
3. An inexpensive Pop2Play foldable indoor slide that pops up in minutes to instantly transform any room into a playground that screams "FUN". It's capable of holding up to 50 lbs but when has that ever stopped an aunt from taking a few turns?
4. A shark bath bomb for the kid on your list who is into re-creating the bloody shark attack from Jaws in their tub. Should you be worried about this niece/nephew? Probably. Will you wish you had bought one for yourself? Absolutely.
5. A 21-piece Disney princess dress-up trunk that comes with four outfits and matching royal accessories. Uncles be warned: you'll have to wait on your royal highness while they decide between dressing up as Aurora, Belle, Cinderella or Snow White.
6. A FurReal GoGo "My Dancin' Pup" to score brownie points with the kid who has been begging their parents for a pet. This is (almost) as adorbs as a real one — it walks, plays music, and loves to break out into its signature dance moves.
7. A flying orb with flashing lights that'll float in the air or boomerang back, leaving nieces and nephews legit impressed and wondering "what is this sorcery?
8. And a Mattel Flushin' Frenzy game that involves plunging the toilet, bracing for the fake poop to come flying out, and using fast reflexes to be the first player to grab it midair. IDK who'll enjoy it more — kids or aunts/uncles who haven't outgrown potty humor?
9. A screaming goat figurine who lets out a slightly obnoxious and loud "AAAHHHHHHHH!" when you press the button. Kiddos will think it's absolutely hysterical, and parents not so much. *Cue evil laugh.*
10. An adorable, inflatable unicorn ride-on boasting a washable plush cover so you can take approx. one million PRECIOUS selfies with the nuggets as they bounce around the house.
11. A marble run set because they look forward to afternoons spent building stuff for HOURS with their fave aunt/uncle. Plus, you'll love seeing the ~ah-mazement~ on their faces when the marbles roll through the complex mazes.
12. An interactive Squeakee The Balloon Dino so your little bud can have their own cool headphone-wearing BFF that'll roar, bust out breakdancing moves, and even fart if you pull his tail 🦖 😂.
13. A LeapFrog 2-in-1 laptop that'll not only teach them their ABCs and 123s but also stop the little rascals from trying to destroy your laptop, tbh.
14. A magnetic shape-shifting puzzle cube to keep the fidgety geniuses on your list mesmerized with its psychedelic patterns and challenge them to manipulate it into over 70 shapes.
15. A personalized superhero cape perfect for the spunky little superhero in your life who never ceases to amaze you.
16. Pokemon 25th Anniversary Celebrations Elite Trainer Box — featuring a variety of Pokemon cards and booster packs that'll basically cement your role as *elite* gift-giver.
17. A box of 24 sparkly rings for the oh-so-fancy kiddo who believes there's no such thing as too many jewels.
18. And a Disney Princess necklace activity set with more than 30,000 5-star reviews (!!!) that'll make any child feel like true royalty.
19. A Lego Minecraft set if you've ever asked yourself "What is the appeal of Minecraft? TBH, this might not answer the question but the combo is sure to be a hit with diehard fans.
20. A Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza card game because you have one job: bring the goofy fun to family gatherings. This will have the whole squad in tears from *belly laughing* so hard.
21. A kids' selfie camera for aunt/uncles who take their duties very seriously and wanna get their little protégés started early on the journey to becoming Insta famous.
22. A bag Of Reindeer Farts Cotton Candy too epically funny to eat. The best part? 10% of all profits are donated to charities that provide toys for children in need.
23. A Fat Brain door pong game, a fun alternative to classic Ping-Pong without needing to set up a table. Just attach to a doorway, adjust the length of the string, and prepare to show off your forehand smash to the little one who idolizes you!
24. A solar-powered DIY robot kit ideal for the *too-smart-for-their-own-good* niece/nephew. It will get the *gears* in their head turning as they build 12 different types of moving robots.
25. A hot chocolate bomb because the kiddos will ~explode~ with excitement as they pour hot milk over the bomb and watch it melt to release a yummy cloud of marshmallows into their milk.
26. A foam Pogo-type jumper far safer than the good ol' Pogo stick, with a sturdy foam base to stand on, so little whirlwinds can burn off their energy hopping from room to room as the big kids (aka immature aunts/uncles) secretly wait their turn.
27. A Craft-tastic "Make a Fox Friend" kit to delight the little style mavens on your list. They can make an adorable fox stuffie along with glam accessories (while learning basic sewing skills!). They'll especially love changing their foxy friend's outfits over and over.
28. An itty bitty Baby Yoda Bluetooth speaker that'll transform their holiday playlist into an out-of-this-galaxy experience.
29. The Big Dig Sandbox Digger Excavator Crane which swivels 360 degrees — basically a dream toy for any construction aficionado. They'll have a blast sitting on it and scooping sand and snow all year long (Now the Blippi song is stuck in my head: "I'm an excavator, hey, dirt, see you later...")
30. A construction-themed folding play set that comes with kinetic sand, a dump truck, and a working crane so you can play with them indoors without getting yelled at by the parents for making a colossal mess.
31. A classic Melissa & Doug ice cream station to *serve* up many delicious opportunities for pretend play for little ones, who'll take the whole business of asking auntie/uncle "what kind of ice cream do you want?" so adorably seriously.
32. An ultra plush personalized name minky blanket perfect for naptime snuggles with that special little human, who makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
33. A Little Tikes Fridge with an ~actual~ working ‘ice’ dispenser that drops plastic ice cubes and lights up and makes sounds like the real thing! Let's be honest, it puts your fridge IRL to shame.
34. An affordable drone probably because most kids have been talking about wanting one for months. They will ~propel~ you to a 10/10 on the awesomeness scale.
35. A Marvel Avengers Lego Advent calendar complete with 298 pieces (!!!) to immerse kids in their fave superhero universe as they discover Minifigures of Iron Man, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Thor, Captain Marvel, Thanos, and more.
36. A Go Glam Nail Stamper that applies wow-worthy nail designs giving you the perfect excuse to set up a mani-pedi date with your little BFF.
37. A giant wooden Connect 4-style game you'll wish you'd had when you were a kid because it'll take family fun to a whole other level.
38. A set of 12 large dinosaur toys in a super giftable, lunchbox-style carrying case that no one will believe you got for less than $25.
39. An ultra cool hoverboard with LED lights and bluetooth speakers because one of the perks of the job is getting to spoil them rotten.
40. And, a splurgy rechargeable laser tag set to turn a yard or basement into an ~epic~ battle zone so you can run around at lightning speed taking your nieces and nephews out. *No mercy*
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.