16. There are also entire tumblrs dedicated to closely monitoring fictitious romantic relationships between members of the band.
The internet calls this “shipping,” which makes me long for the days when shipping meant sending things you didn’t want far, far away from your home in a cardboard box.
17. Which means fangirls say things like this:
What has the English language ever done to you, internet?
23. And the things Directioners tweet will make your dialing finger itchy for those three magic numbers.
26. Their behavior on the internet makes it easier to understand why things like this happen when Directioners are confronted with their idols in real life:
Although, you might expect them to do something a tad more original, since hurling footwear at British people has been done to death.
27. So congratulations, Directioners!
You’ve somehow made the internet less safe for our children (which is ironic, since most of you are children).
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."