23 Things People Wish They'd Done In Their Twenties
Based on this Quora thread.
Adulting can be harder than it looks.
1. Spend less time on your phone.
2. Stop and think: Will this matter a year from now?
3. Really enjoy your "family" — whatever that might mean to you.
4. Write down what you want most in life — then regularly check in with that list.
5. When it doubt, do something you'd be happy to humblebrag to mom and dad about.
6. Collect genuine, honest, rad people.
7. Travel as far as you can afford.
8. Learn to move on from mistakes quickly.
9. Sometimes all you need to get through is today.
Literally do what you need to do to survive these 24 hours. Maybe you'll feel better tomorrow. And if not, repeat step one. Here are some things you can do right now to feel better.
10. Set out to learn something from everyone you meet.
11. Just go ahead and accept that you can't make everyone happy.
12. Spend your money by doing things, not buying things.
13. Don't be afraid to have an opinion.
14. Have safe sex always.
15. Stop spending more than your paycheck.
16. Stop putting off something that you're not ~ready for~ yet.
17. Instead of worrying about getting old, get psyched about the process of becoming older.
18. Invest in your body.
19. Be really fucking grateful.
Don't forget to take some time to think of all the really good things you've got going on. Even if that just happens to be free pizza at work, having health insurance, or dogs on Instagram.