17. “Sight of the Sun” - Fun
A chill musical lazy river with occasional upbeat rapids
16. “Fancy” - Iggy Azalea
It’s practically already the song of the summer. Just embrace it. Dance. Practice rapping in an Australian accent and move on.
15. “Destination” - Nickel Creek
After far too long of a hiatus, this bluegrass trio proves they still have it. This is how I like my country music. Please and thank you.
14. “Let Me In” - Grouplove
I can picture the beach in my head, a perfect hipster beach with ironic 80’s beach towels and exclusively IPA craft beer.
13. “Chandelier” - Sia
The more you listen the more you want to dance. Preferably on the beach. Or in a mansion with a structurally sound chandelier.
12. “Adrenalina” - Wisin, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin
A song can’t be a guilty pleasure if you don’t know what they are saying. Right? Right?
11. “Be Okay” - Oh Honey
If a red popsicle on hot day had a theme song, this would be it.
10. “The Heart” - Needtobreathe
You can practically smell the burgers on the grill for your 4th of July Party.
See also “Multiplied”
9. “Sky Full of Stars” - Coldplay
This is the best stargazing song since “Yellow” if the field you were stargazing in happen to have an EDM DJ playing
8. “D-D-Dance” - The Royal Concept
See the Title of Song
7. “Scare Away the Dark” - Passenger
This song feels Passenger is giving some great advice over some lemonade on the front porch.
6. “Love Never Felt So Good” - Michael Jackson ft. Justin Timberlake
The past and present Kings of Pop come together, and any post-humorous weirdness is overcome by the sheer fun of the song.
5. “Black River” - Wolf Gang
Black River is the beginning of your summer road trip.
The other two songs are a bonus.
4. “I Wanna Get Better” - Bleachers
Side project of fun. guitarist Jack Antonoff, Mr. Lena Dunham, Bleachers is everything you want in an indie pop band. Catchy choruses to belt out, weirdly awesome electronic influences, and a ridiculous high bridge to work on your falsetto.
3. “Bleachers” - Shadow
See Above. Indie pop gold.
2. “Home” - Johnnyswim
The perfect indie-folk song to be the soundtrack to your backyard bonfire.
See Also, “Home” and “You and I”
1. “Heartbreak Dream” - Betty Who
The very definition of Betty Who is summer. A fantastic 80’s neon pop summer that will have you dancing all night long.
- Beloved actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- Huma Abedin, a top aide to Hillary Clinton, is separating from Anthony Weiner after his latest sexting revelation.
- Apple will unveil the newest iPhones on September 7. Expect a new dual-camera system and NO headphone jack 📱