1. “People never notice anything.”
2. “I was sixteen then, and I'm seventeen now, and sometimes I act like I'm about thirteen."
3. “It was that kind of a crazy afternoon, terrifically cold, and no sun out or anything, and you felt like you were disappearing every time you crossed a road.”
4. “Grand. There's a word I really hate. It's a phony. I could puke every time I hear it.”
5. “It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.”
6. “You don't always have to get too sexy to get to know a girl.”
7. "What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it."
8. “And I have one of those very loud, stupid laughs. I mean if I ever sat behind myself in a movie or something, I'd probably lean over and tell myself to please shut up.”
9. "I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."
10. “If a girl looks swell when she meets you, who gives a damn if she's late?”
11. “Don't tell people what you are thinking, or you will miss them terribly when you are away.”
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!