1. When they gently broke grammar rules:
2. When the King of Horror called Papa “Cat:”
3. When they let their caged bird sing:
4. When they revealed the paper skeletons in their closets:
5. When they spoke in 0s and 1s:
6. When they were a classier Urban Dictionary:
7. When they reminded us that writing is rewriting:
8. When they reminded us that books (er, children?) are our future:
9. When life did not imitate art:
(Straub published The Vacationers this May.)
10. When paradoxes created prose poems:
11. When they perfectly captured the bibliophile’s life:
12. When they took the “auto” out of “autobiography:”
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has been captured, Turkish media report.
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America by the Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.