1. When they gently broke grammar rules:
2. When the King of Horror called Papa “Cat:”
3. When they let their caged bird sing:
4. When they revealed the paper skeletons in their closets:
5. When they spoke in 0s and 1s:
6. When they were a classier Urban Dictionary:
7. When they reminded us that writing is rewriting:
8. When they reminded us that books (er, children?) are our future:
9. When life did not imitate art:
(Straub published The Vacationers this May.)
10. When paradoxes created prose poems:
11. When they perfectly captured the bibliophile’s life:
12. When they took the “auto” out of “autobiography:”
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.