29 Things People Wish They Knew About Anal Sex Before Trying It
"Don't remove anal beads as if you're starting a lawnmower."
1. Don't go from 0 to 100 real quick.
2. Slow and steady wins the race.
3. It might totally raise your ~sexpectations~.
4. Don't pull anything out too fast.
5. You can never have too much lube.
6. Soap =/= lube.
7. Trust no fart.
8. You might blow some butt bubbles.
9. Enjoying (or not enjoying) anal sex doesn't "say" anything about you.
10. The wrong toy might literally get lost in your ass.
11. Cleanliness is next to godliness.
12. Just say no to the burrito.
13. Those tingly, warming lubes might tingle TOO much.
14. No matter how much you mentally prepare, your butt still has a mind of its own.
15. Don't hold it in beforehand. Ever.
16. Douching beforehand may not be for everyone.
17. Maybe don't use white sheets.
18. Numbing lubes are probably not a good idea.
19. Bottoms can still direct the whole show.
20. Don't put whatever was in the B right back into the V.
21. You might not like it at all, and that's totally OK.
22. That quite literally...sometimes shit happens.
23. Condoms can save you from a very messy cleanup.
24. Severe pain definitely means you should stop.
25. Even if you don't have a penis, you can still top like a pro.
"I wish I knew that giving (for me, pegging) is just as fun as receiving. People are too quick to judge something before trying it!"
26. Don't copy the moves in porn as if it's an airplane safety video.
27. Certain parts might feel...familiar.
28. Mutual consent and respect are key.
29. Most importantly, that the butt is just really just like any other part of the body.
This post has been updated to reflect that switching directly from anal to vaginal sex can increase the risk of infection in the vagina and urethra. A previous version of this post only mentioned the possibility of yeast infections.