1. First thing: Go somewhere amazing, like Alaska.
2. Make GIFs out of the video you record to make your friends extra jelly.
3. Use a wide-angle lens to capture the vastness of a tremendous subject.
4. Take your time and allow the environment to speak to you.
5. And then shrink your reality with tilt-shift.
6. Composition 101: It's all about the layering, baby.
7. Bring your camera EVERYWHERE.
8. Don't forget to focus on the details too!
9. No time for video? Burst capture a series of photos and put them together to make an animation instead.
10. Make your #feetselfie extra special by adding a little movement.
11. Throw in a natural lens flare to add some real photography magic.
12. A fisheye can really warp your view!
Fisheye lenses are extreme versions of wide-angle lenses that create warped, almost spherical images.
13. You don't have to be close to snap an intimate shot.
14. One word: color.
15. And don't forget to relax. Remember, you're still on vacation!
Photos by Aubree Lennon ©BuzzFeed