Mums are an age-old tradition in Texas during homecoming.
They are big, wearable bouquets of mum flowers, streamers, ribbons and decorations to show school pride.
You give your homecoming date a mum to wear to both school and the homecoming football game.
Some choose to hand-make these for their dates, while the majority design them first, and then have companies create the finished product. Mums can cost hundreds of dollars.
But some mums go really, REALLY over the top:
4. For the Star Wars fan.
5. This one fits nearly the entire main cast of Adventure Time.
13. A typical mum can be pinned on your shirt. These have to be held up by necklaces.
16. The craftsmanship of the Hello Kitty flowers is second to none.
- More than 100 people are reportedly injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.