Mums are an age-old tradition in Texas during homecoming.
They are big, wearable bouquets of mum flowers, streamers, ribbons and decorations to show school pride.
You give your homecoming date a mum to wear to both school and the homecoming football game.
Some choose to hand-make these for their dates, while the majority design them first, and then have companies create the finished product. Mums can cost hundreds of dollars.
But some mums go really, REALLY over the top:
4. For the Star Wars fan.
5. This one fits nearly the entire main cast of Adventure Time.
13. A typical mum can be pinned on your shirt. These have to be held up by necklaces.
16. The craftsmanship of the Hello Kitty flowers is second to none.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage under Obamacare will disappear.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚