Mums are an age-old tradition in Texas during homecoming.
They are big, wearable bouquets of mum flowers, streamers, ribbons and decorations to show school pride.
You give your homecoming date a mum to wear to both school and the homecoming football game.
Some choose to hand-make these for their dates, while the majority design them first, and then have companies create the finished product. Mums can cost hundreds of dollars.
But some mums go really, REALLY over the top:
4. For the Star Wars fan.
5. This one fits nearly the entire main cast of Adventure Time.
13. A typical mum can be pinned on your shirt. These have to be held up by necklaces.
16. The craftsmanship of the Hello Kitty flowers is second to none.
- Nearly 70,000 people convicted of felonies but now on probation or parole are suing Louisiana for the right to vote.
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.