5. Recently, Noah and Lucas successfully completed a youth Triathlon together, where Noah pushed and pulled his brother through a 200-meter swim, three-mile bike ride, and one-mile run in the Idaho heat.
“After the race, Lucas was just watching Noah’s every move and was just so proud… you could see it in his eyes,” Alissa said.
6. The brothers were recently featured on the Today show, where Noah told reporters, “I like everything about him. He is perfect.”
Lucas’ progress since training has been astounding. “He’s becoming more vocal verbally,” Alissa pointed out. “He’s wanting to express himself more… He knows he’s able to participate in things more now.”
7. Their mother Alissa has recently started the Lucas House Organization dedicated to children like Lucas, after getting inspiration from places like Ryan House of Phoenix and Helen & Douglas House in the UK.
“It’s just amazing how many emails and letters of support we get,” Alissa told BuzzFeed. “It’s been incredible and we’re just hoping to raise awareness… We want to celebrate life without limits and everything that they can do.”
Post has been updated with a few awesome quotes from Lucas and Noah’s mother, Alissa Aldrich about the experience and her inspiration for Lucas House
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass and threw a bible into a Colorado mosque on Sunday morning.
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.