25 Things For Renters Looking To Make Their Home Their Own, Temporarily
The best part, you can take everything with you when you move. 😏
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A curved curtain rod that'll push out your shower curtain giving you a little more room in your shower to move around which is vital for your shower concerts.
2. A fun shower curtain to add a little personality to your bathroom, and elevate your mood after you've dragged yourself out of your nest. Taking a glance at your shower curtain should make for a cheerier morning.
3. A new welcome mat that'll kickstart your new vibe at the door. There's no better way to do that than with this colorful handwoven mat. You'll be beaming upon entry.
4. An entry way organizer to clear up the "throw pile" where all your day-to-day belongings live and give you an extra place to add some new decor.
5. A digital picture frame that lets you and your loved ones upload pictures via the cloud so you can stay updated on all of your friends' and families' fun adventures. It's a little piece of home to add to your new home.
6. A Philips smart light complete with five natural sounds and an FM radio. This smart light simulates sunlight to ease your wakeup, and simulates sunset for smooth transition to sleep. Especially nice for bedrooms that don't give you that flood of natural light you love.
7. A simple runner because sometimes you don't know exactly what to do in a hallway. A carpet runner can make a big design impact even in a small narrow space.
8. Or a bold area rug that'll make the entire room feel new. It's ideal for renters who can't choose the floor of the space they move into. At least this rug will take up a good amount of floor space.
9. A roll of removable wallpaper to give your room an instant style statement while creating the illusion of texture.
11. A set of velvet curtains that'll not only add a little instant fancy, but will help to regulate temperatures too thanks to their thermal insulation. Quick tip: hanging them high and wide will make your windows look larger.
12. A removable tile backsplash you can stick in your bathroom behind the sink or along the wall in your kitchen to give your room that renovated look and feel.
13. A set of under cabinet lights to accentuate your newly added backsplash or bring new light to your original backsplash. You can also use them under wall shelves to illuminate your books, plants, and other treasures.
14. A pack of smart light bulbs that can replace the super harsh white lights that came with the apartment and that really just kill your vibe. These'll give the illusion of natural light for homes with dark interiors and can be controlled with your smart hub.
15. A light cord kit that'll allow you to have that pendant light you've always wanted without running electricity through the walls. They're great for setting the scene indoors or outdoors and allow you to get really creative with your space.
16. A ventilated cable box because there aren't enough plugs in your space so you have to plug everything in that one socket. Now, you can hide the chaos and keep the cords away from your pets, too.
17. A nifty outlet shelf that'll allow you to have your smart hub, bluetooth speaker, or phone plugged in without taking up additional counter space...because your rental did not come with nearly enough counter space. It also just looks really cool, too.
18. A velvet headboard so you can feel as luxurious as Blanche Devereaux when she arrives home after a lovely evening with one of her special friends.
19. An over-the-toilet organizer that'll hold all of your bathroom essentials and leave room for candles, plants, and extra rolls of toilet paper. One major downside of renting = not enough built-ins in the bathroom.
20. A roll of marble wallpaper to elevate your WFH desk, bathroom counters, dressers, and more. The cover is removable, which makes this a renter's best friend when it comes to making your space your own even if it isn't yours.
21. A bamboo cutting board that'll not only provide you with a place to chop those onions, but can also cover your burners thereby creating additional counter space.
22. A toilet tissue dispenser complete with both a chic design and storage that's especially great if you have a small bathroom. It stores toilet paper inside and holds your plants and your phone that you took with you to the restroom to watch TikTok videos while you...handle your business.
23. A set of magnetic decorative hinges for that garage door carriage look. And, even better, no tools required. All you gotta do is stick them on.
24. A library cabinet with glass doors so you can showcase all of your precious knickknacks that you wouldn't dare leave out to get all dusty.
25. A unique bookshelf you can use to display all of the books you want people to think you actually have time to read or your favorite DVD box sets.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.