We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Bioadaptive Cleanser from Yina to elevate your daily facial cleansing routine by adding East Asian medicine plant extracts like pearl, white tea, and poria to exfoliate, soothe, and brighten your skin.
Yina is an Asian-owned wellness brand inspired by the traditions found in Chinese medicine. The name comes from both founders meaning ~harmony and beauty,~ that they feel embodies modern wellness rituals rooted in traditional wisdom.
Promising review: "I'm really enjoying this cleanser. The amount of product you get for the price is perfect, especially because I take this down my neck a bit. The smell is pleasing, the texture is amazing, and my skin feels clean and nourished after use :)" —SONDRA B.
Get it from Yina for $68.
2. A Strawberry Smooth BHA + AHA Salicylic Acid Serum by Glow Recipe that gently smooths the skin, minimizes the appearance of breakouts, and refines pores leaving you with clear and hydrated skin.
Glow Recipe was founded by Sarah Lee and Christine Chang. Their popular collection of cute and colorful skincare products are cruelty-free and free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
Promising review: "I rarely write reviews but this product was worth it. This product visibly reduced my pores in less than two weeks. Smoothed out problematic texture and fine lines, too. I wish this product existed in my teenage years! Will purchase it again!" —Adrienne416
3. A sample pack of sparking water from Sanzo featuring delicious flavors Lychee, Calamansi, and Mango. It's a sugar-free beverage made with real fruit. Yum yum hooray!
Sandro Roco, a Queens-born Filipino American, launched Sanzo in 2018 after noticing a big disconnect between the modern labels of new-age drinks and the preservative- and sugar-laden labels of the legacy Asian brands.
Promising review: "Everyone loved the flavors! A cool and refreshing, yet light and unique drink that's perfect for chatting by the pool!" —Naomi M.
4. A pack of toothpaste tablets from Huppy made with clean ingredients like peppermint oil, coconut oil, aloe vera extract, and xylitol to give you a better and more sustainable smile. Just chew, add water, and brush.
Huppy is an Asian-owned small biz creating plastic-free toothpaste tablets out of sustainably and ethically sourced ingredients. Everything is vegan, GMO- and cruelty-free. Best of all? Huppy donates 2% of revenue to fund sustainability initiatives!
BuzzFeed Writer, Danielle Healy, loves these! Here's what she says:
"As with every area of my life, I'm always looking for more eco-friendly alternatives to the things I use every day. Toothpaste was next. I was familiar with other brands making plastic-free tabs, but hadn't found one that felt adequately cost-efficient — until now! I love how zero-waste the process is with Huppy. You get a forever tin (pick from blue or blush) and then buy refills that come in compostable pouches. The whole chewing thing can be weird at first (my boyfriend found it aggressively minty, I just think they taste like Altoids) but both of us got used to it pretty quickly. With water, the tabs foam up pretty instantly, and after that, it's just a normal teeth-brushing experience. In fact, I'm actually finding that not dealing with drippy toothpaste and tiny screw-on caps is actually pretty delightful. A cleaner process both in and out of my mouth."
Get a 62-pack of toothpaste tablets and a reusable tin from Huppy for $12 (available in three flavors and in two tin colors).
5. A Freja New York tote bag, a splurge-worthy everyday bag that'll hold a ton of everyday essentials despite it's sleek and sophisticated look. It's high-fashion yet practical.
Freja New York is a Chinese woman-owned brand founded by Jenny Lei, who designs gorgeous handbags. She's committed to sweating the small stuff, working hard to have the smallest impact on the environment possible, while working closely with her manufacturing partners to ensure all workers are treated fairly.
Get it from Freja New York for $258 (available in four colors).
6. A candle from Sạch perfect for establishing a mood of serenity during a stressful work day. The candles are made sustainably with sweet-smelling scents made with all-natural coconut wax.
Sạch (which means clean in Vietnamese) is owned by real-life couple and Los Angeles-dwelling Vietnamese Americans, Tram and Kevin. The pair creates delicious-smelling, eco-conscious candles because, like many people, they have been struggling to balance their current desires for comfort with their growing concerns for the future of the environment.
Get this candle from Sạch for $26.
7. A sweater and pants loungewear combo from LEZÉ The Label — they're committed to providing style and comfort with earth-friendly clothes that may look high-fashion but feel as good as pajamas.
LEZÉ The Label is an Asian- and woman-owned small biz creating comfortable clothes out of recycled and eco-friendly materials like fishnets, coffee grounds, and plastic bottles. Their collections are produced in an ethical Chinese factory that is 80% led by women and their workers are paid 15% higher than the industry standard with benefits and overtime pay.
BuzzFeed Writer, Danielle Healy, loves these! Here's what she says:
"This brand is my new obsession. I have a cardicoat (pictured above) and a trench dress that I immediately fell in love with. Both items are, I cannot overstate this, ~buttery~ soft, look good enough to go out in, but are comfortable enough for staying in. They feel uniquely suited for whatever "new normal" we are transitioning into. The products standalone, but the fact that they are responsibly crafted from recycled materials...I mean, what more could you ask for?"
8. A Bohana snacks variety pack, as seen on Shark Tank, for a delicious and nutritious puff snack that comes in a variety of savory and sweet flavors made from popped water lily seeds.
Bohana is a small Boston-based snack biz founded by two women, Priyal Bhartia and Nadine Habayeb. Priyal grew up eating popped water lily seeds and after reconnecting with the snack in adulthood, she and Nadine teamed up to introduce Americans to the nutritious, crunchy treat.
BuzzFeed Shopping writer Danielle Healy loves these! Here's what she says:
"My boyfriend and I always need to keep "a crunchy" in the house and these ones are pretty darn delicious and don't make me feel like poo after I accidentally eat a whole bag in one sitting. They have a really satisfying crunch, and all the flavors are great, but if you're good with a little heat the Soulful Spice flavor is my personal fav. Bonus: they're not just gluten-free, but avoid all eight top allergens!"
Get a variety pack from Bohana for $19.99.
9. A ShineOn Jelly Lip Gloss from Tower 28 in their new trendy ~pistachio~ color for a nonstick, moisturizing subtle gloss that soothes your lips during your everyday wear.
Tower 28 is a clean beauty brand designed for sensitive skin. Their products are nontoxic, nonirritating, vegan and cruelty-free, so you can rest easy when applying.
Promising review: "You know when you need a lip gloss right out of the shower for your no makeup days?! This is it for me! This truly makes your lips feel super smooth and moisturized. It’s light and doesn’t leave that crust on your lips. I’m ordering another right now 'cuz I’ve used up the whole thing, which is rare for glosses. 10/10 :) Oh, and it’s cute on top of lipstick too." —MarsRia
10. A color-changing BYO Blush from Youthforia that reacts to the pH balance of your skin and adjusts to your skin tone. You're basically getting a custom tint that blends beautifully with your complexion. And, it's cruelty-free. Winner winner vegan dinner!
Youthforia is woman-owned small biz that aims to make makeup that's so good for your skin you can sleep in it. The founder, Fiona Co Chan, even tested the blush by sleeping in it for two months! They are passionate about being environmentally friendly and not using fossil fuels or gross toxins in their products.
If two people with the same skin tone apply the blush, they'll both get a slightly different color! How cool is that? This contains 20 plant-based, antioxidant-rich oils that help nourish your skin. It's long-lasting; good for all skin types; and fragrance-free, vegan, and cruelty-free.
Promising review: "Dewy and glowy. I tried it over makeup and it appeared as a strong pink shade but settled to a flushed, glowy color. I had my little sister try it too because I wanted to see the color change again and it lasted a really long time on her. The texture was smooth and it was easy to rub in and blend out." —Summer
Get it from Youthforia for $36.
11. A One/Size 3D Blush Trio Palette by Patrick Starr that gives three versatile textures you can wear separately or layer up — all of which offer a blurring 3D blush effect.
One/Size Beauty is founded by digital icon Patrick Starr with one mission in mind — makeup is one size fits all. The brand makes space for everyone to belong in the movement of radical expression.
Promising review: "Love how this blush trio palette performed. The cream is easy to build up and applies beautifully. The middle blush in Very That is my favorite, and is such a beautiful color and gives me a flush of color, too. The shimmery blush is a great blush topper. I love this product so much that I even went ahead and purchased the bronzer trio palette." —inspiritviki
Get it from Sephora for $36 (available in six color schemes).
12. A ~wavy~ acetate barrette by Chunks you can use to gussy up your hairdo, even on the days when it's looking more like a hair-don't. Vibrant colors and cool shapes? Instant fashion win. ☀️🌈🌸
Chunks is a woman-founded small accessories brand started by Tiffany Ju. Its nostalgic designs also include jumbo claw clips and bejeweled combs.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Melanie Aman is a big fan saying, "I recently spent what some would consider to be a silly amount of money on hair clips but these bring me such joy (something we all need right now) that I can justify it. I have straight Asian hair but it's quite thick and these clips do a great job of holding it back without ripping out strands every time I remove them."
Get them from Chunks for $5 (available in four colors).
13. A Blueland Clean Essentials cleaning kit ideal for an eco-friendly solution to a squeaky clean home. Save the earth from plastic waste by reusing the bottles. You'll only have to re-up on the plastic-free cleaning tablets. Space saver, money saver, earth saver — a definite win.
The set comes with three reusable cleaning bottles, one glass foaming hand soap bottle, and four cleaning tablets (multi-surface, glass and mirror, bathroom, and foaming hand soap).
Blueland was founded by Sarah Paiji Yoo, who has a mission to help make it easy to be eco-friendly with products that are innovative, convenient, effective and affordable.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Chelsea Stuart loves this! Here's what she had to say:
"I recently bought this kit after thinking about it for 6+ months and I am OBsessed. You just fill the bottles with warm water (there's a designated line), pop in a tablet, and let it dissolve. It's seriously that simple. I immediately tested everything out to see how it holds up against my usual products (Mrs. Meyer's, Clorox, and Windex) and I was really pleased with the results. The most exciting thing though is how affordable it is to refresh your stock. The more tablets you buy the cheaper they are — you can get a nine-tablet refill for just $14!! If I were to buy nine new bottles of cleaner from my NYC bodega or grocery store, that'd at LEAST $45!"
Get it from Blueland for $39.
14. A pair of golf socks so comfortable you'll want to wear them whether you're playing a round of nine holes or playing SIMS at home. Get this — the socks are made from coffee and recycled plastic which surprisingly results in ultra-soft, breathable AND sweat-proof socks.
Inside Story is an Asian-American, woman-owned small biz creating sustainable, luxury athletic socks — specifically with golf in mind. Rigorously tested, their socks are made from earth-friendly recycled plastic and coffee grounds. They're so confident you'll love their socks, they offer a 100% money-back guarantee.
Get a pair from Inside Story for $18 (available in two sizes and five colors).
15. A planner subscription from Silk + Sonder that'll help you get the most out of your year by focusing on one month at a time.
Silk + Sonder believes that self-care is the foundation for creating a fulfilling life. Through their guided monthly planners, they hope to help people find compassion, clarity, creativity, and connection in their daily lives through intentional productivity.
What you'll get: Each month you'll receive a themed planner filled with a calendar spread, habit tracker, and prompts to encourage productivity and wellness.
Promising review: "I have loved Silk and Sonder since the day I started it. I have used it to help me journal about grief and help me stay present and not dwell on the "what ifs" with my dad being sick with lung cancer. This journal has helped me get through a very rough time. On month two of my subscription I upgraded to a full year. This journal has been life changing." —Kimberly R.
Get it from Silk + Sonder at $14.90+/month.
16. A dinosaur crochet kit by The Woobles that'll make your heart roar every time you work on it. It's nice to get crafty, and these kits can be a great stress-reliever or just a fun end of day activity to unwind to. When you're done making yours, grab another to make one for someone else.
The Woobles is an Asian-owned small business is based in NY and creates adorable crochet kits that teaches you the craft and leaves you with a keepsake when you're done.
Promising review: "Fred is adorable! 🥰 The instructions were so easy to follow and he turned out great — now all of my friends and family want me to make them Freds too 😅 I loved this kit!" —Lauren B.
Get it from The Woobles for $30 (available with or without a crochet hook).
17. A plush moisturizer from EADEM made with ceramides, peptides, and snow mushroom to quickly soothe your skin barrier leaving your skin visibly plump and bright. This new release from EADEM has already become a lifesaver for some.
EADEM is forging a path towards redefining beauty standards for people of color. Their Smart Melanin Beauty is a one-of-a-kind technology that keeps melanin in mind resulting in science-backed, curated skincare that's inclusive and made for us.
Promising review: "I’m 31 and have never had a standard a.m./p.m. skincare routine. I have sensitive skin and would always find I’d get breakouts or my skin would become oily. With the Eadam Cloud Cushion Airy Brightening Moisturizer, I find I can’t wait to put it on after I wake up and before bed. It has made my skin feel so silky soft and I love the light cooling sensation I feel when putting it on after a long day. Bonus: I haven’t had any breakouts. Also, while one review mentions they wish it came in a pump bottle, I love that it doesn’t because I think it prevents waste. I absolutely recommend this product." —allief123
Get it from Sephora for $58.
18. An astrology-themed candle by Birthdate Co. you can customize to not only your birth month, but your birth day, too. Because if you weren't born, all the people in your life would be so sad and lonely 🥺.
Birthdate Co. Candles is an Asian-owned small biz. These candles are ~inspired by the stars~ and feature a label that contains their specific birthdate and typical traits for someone with their sign.
Promising review: "I bought candles for my whole family for Valentine’s Day and placed them at their seats at dinner. Everyone loved them! Each one smells fabulous and there was a delay in beginning our meal because we were all busy reading about ourselves. It was a fun treat that will last for some time." —Jennifer B.
Get it from Birthdate Candles for $38.
19. A pack of heating patches to alleviate pain or soreness and not just during times of menstruation. You can place this patch on your lower stomach, or on your back after a long day of sitting at your computer.
Rael is an Asian-owned biz that's all about holistic cycle care.
Promising review: "I was extremely hesitant on buying these when I first saw them, I thought they weren't going to work or be effective but OMG I was wrong! These are the best and I wish I had came across them sooner. They are so easy to use and you feel the heat relief right away. All I can say is you wont regret buying these especially if you struggle with bad periods and menstrual cramps!" —Zhana05!
Get a 24-count from Rael for $40.
20. A dew water cleanser by Good Light that goes from gel to foam to give your skin a celestial glow after ridding it of dirt and other impurities. "Me? No, I'm not actually a unicorn, it's just my cleanser."
Good Light is an inclusive Korean beauty brand that creates cruelty-free and vegan products while perpetuating a movement that is inclusive and fluid, always adapting to better serve its growing community.
Promising review: "I look forward to washing my face every morning and night. This cleanser makes my little ritual feel luxurious and like such a treat. I love the way the formula lathers up, the ever so slight hint of fragrance that doesn’t linger nor irritate my skin, and the way my skin feels cleansed but not taut and stripped off." —Aurora W.
Get it from Good Light for $18.
21. A water-gel moisturizer from Peach & Lily made with kiwi and peach extract that'll hydrate your skin without weighing it down. It'll leave you with a glassy finish; you'll look just like a Cinderella slipper.
Peach & Lily is a Korean beauty brand that creates worry-free products to help you get the most out of your skin.
Promising review: "This is the most incredible product I have ever used! It has revolutionized my skin after one use and my skin continues to improve with each use. I have been doing a complete 10-step routine for years (including some super-expensive products) and while I've found a routine that keeps my skin (eczema, sensitive skin, dry flaky skin, acne, dark spots from past acne) under control this product gave me brand-new skin that is smooth (literally bumps/uneven texture that were there before I showered and did my routine disappeared right after using this moisturizer), calm, acne-free, hydrated, and immaculate basically glass skin (which I thought was unobtainable for me). It even lightened the dark spots from past acne that have been there for a year; they're almost completely gone even after a few uses. I've never loved a product more or seen better results. I almost don't want to send this review because I don't want everyone else to buy it so it sells out and I can't get more haha!" —Jazmin R.
Get it from Ulta for $40.
22. A sake body lotion from Cocokind for an all-over silky-smooth feeling. It's made with fermented rice wine that's rich in enzymes to gently exfoliate and support your skin's moisture barrier.
Cocokind is a small biz launched by Priscilla Tsai, whose own skin struggles inspired their goal of making conscious skincare.
Promising review: "It’s unscented so it’s perfect for layering with oils or your own perfumes! It doesn’t feel greasy or weird. It’s like the perfect medium between moisturizing and feeling light. The bottle makes it so convenient and the color is a perfect pinkish color so it’s aesthetically pleasing, too." —sumaiyah
Get it from Cocokind for $22.