1. Ask yourself: Would I share this? Is it legitimately interesting or am I just desperate to post something?
The social aspect is key to everything we do.
2. Search for it. Make sure it hasn’t already been posted.
Burnred is watching you.
3. First sentence bold. Always.
4. Make the title concise, clicky, searchable.
5. Don’t say “we.”
6. Add tags to it.
Think like a Googler.
7. Copy-edit it.
’90s, “Title”, All Uppercase Letters.
8. Mark it as tame or NSFW.
If it’s PG-13 or “worse,” mark it as NSFW.
9. Give credit.
From=where you found it. Source=who made it, where it came from (if you can find out).
10. Optimize it.
Add more tags, boost if appropriate, check back to see where traffic is coming from, ping social media editor to promote.
11. Don’t submit link buzz.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May is triggering Brexit today. Britain is set to leave the European Union in 2019 👋 🇬🇧
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.