Pepsi Max broke all the rules in the cola category in Australia when it launched its great tasting no sugar cola in 1993. Pepsi MAX has always been about seeking new experiences and taking it to next level – maximum taste, no sugar. Pushing the brand’s agenda even further, Pepsi MAX in 2015 partnered with BuzzFeed Australia to generate awareness and further grow its fan base of loyal Pepsi MAX enthusiasts.
Together, Pepsi MAX and BuzzFeed AU created 5 pieces of unique content. Pepsi MAX’s BuzzFeed AU content aligned with the season, revolving around summer and the greater theme of “fun”. This ideal blend of seasonal and evergreen content resonated with the Australian audience: 12 Things That Are Not Allowed This Summer laid down the summer law and 11 Epic Australian Places You Should Probably Visit Someday, perfectly captured the Australian way of going to the max when it comes to nature.
To maximize distribution and reach, BuzzFeed’s in-house team of social media specialists targeted niche Australian groups on Facebook. The Social Discovery Team studied users’ Facebook behavior and matched keywords to serve native ad units to those who showed the highest potential of engagement with Pepsi MAX’s BuzzFeed content.
From program launch to completion, users spent a total of 293 days consuming Pepsi MAX content. The average time on page for this content is 16% higher than the Australian average over the same time period!
245,302 Total Views | 169,715 Paid Views | 75,587 Social Views
1.4X Social Lift
Pepsi MAX’s BuzzFeed program surpassed every goal, from quality of content to number of views and shares. Overall, Pepsi MAX’s BuzzFeed program was positively received at 83%, in addition to 30% of the program views were social (free) views! :-)
Through social storytelling, Pepsi MAX and BuzzFeed AU were able to spread quality content and positive summer vibes in Australia and worldwide. The program positioned Pepsi MAX as the alternative and knowledgeable brand that it is – always true to itself and its consumers.
“We’re really excited with the results which the Pepsi Max BuzzFeed partnership has achieved for our largest selling cola brand.”
– Jenni Dill, PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand Marketing Director
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.