Social media has an obvious ripple effect on the non-digital (i.e., real) world. As crowds of people swarm in real time like never before, let’s look into the myriad ways pop culture, business and society at large are increasingly influenced by the social technology we create and employ.
Moderated by Azher Ahmed from DDB Chicago, we’ll explore the influence of social media phenomena ranging from catastrophes to charity, depression to dating, and civil rights to the Bill of Rights. Panel members will discuss the real life impact of social media on culture, society and ourselves.
1. What are some of the trends in social behavior and how do they cascade into real life phenomena?
2. Who are the people driving these behaviors online and in real life, and are they the same people?
3. What are some examples of social media influencing government policy, business and nonprofit creation and expansion?
4. What ripple effects do we foresee in the next few years?
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 million declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚