Melanie of the wonderful DIY blog You Are My Fave created this tutorial for us. She says: “I love the colorful bulb lights from La Case de cousin Paul but I don’t make it to France as often as I would like to and high shipping fees aren’t my jam. So I came up with a way to get the look with a few supplies that are easily accessible from anywhere.”
3. Step 1: Dye the cheesecloth in the colors of your choosing, following the directions on the package.
Allow time to dry.
4. Step 2: Cut cloth up into squares large enough to cover the bulb.
Make sure to have enough squares for the amount of bulbs that are on your strand.
5. Step 3: Untwist the bulbs from the strand. Take one and cover it entirely with Mod Podge using a foam brush.
6. Step 4: Take a cloth square and place the bulb covered in glue near the middle.
7. Step 5: Drape the cloth around the bulb and press down firmly to adhere. Trim the extra cloth.
8. Step 6: Repeat steps 3 & 4 until each bulb is finished.
9. Step 7: Let dry, and then twist the bulbs back into their sockets.
I know you might be thinking, “Wait, isn’t this a fire hazard?” Fact is, the bulbs don’t reach high enough temperatures for the cloth to catch on fire. So try it out and bask in the rainbow-hued glow of your beautiful new string lights!
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.