1. Sorry, Shigeru Miyamoto. Sorry, Malcom McLaren. But your finest creations mash surprisingly well.
When Nintendo World, the official magazine for the japanese videogame giant in Brazil, invited me to bring my personal vision to one of the greatest company’s characters, I couldn’t be happier. Been a retro gamer since the NES times, I take games as a form of art and one of my inspirations in pop culture along with cinema, tv, comics, music and others.
So I decided to go with everyone’s favourite italian plumber. Instead of simply trying to make Mario look badass (like loads of pointless fan-arts across the web), I wanted to challenge myself, choosing the most improbable and badass real life characters I could think of, and make them impersonate Mario and his universe, yet keeping both visual sources totally recognizable in their concepts.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.