1. An extremely comfy Trtl neck pillow to prop their head up and prevent them from awkwardly dozing off on their flight neighbor's shoulder. 😬 Plus, it'll double as a scarf (planes are COLD), and it's much sleeker-looking than those puffy U-shaped pillows.
It also easily attaches to backpacks and luggage handles, weighs less than half a pound, and is machine washable!
Promising review: "I can't stop recommending this pillow to all of my friends! It has let me comfortably sleep on flights that take place on the most uncomfortable airplane seats. On long flights, I always need to prop up my hand and I rest my head on it. But this method always ends with my arm falling asleep and I end up waking up every 30 minutes. Now this pillow provides that exact same support without needing my arms to prop me up! It's small enough to fit in your bag and doesn't take up much space." —Simona Krifman
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (available in four colors) — don't forget to apply the coupon to save 10%!
2. An affordable, TikTok-famous pair of wireless Bluetooth earbuds reviewers say are legit AirPod dupes (they have 200,000+ 5-star ratings!). With these, they can unwind with some soothing tunes and podcasts after chaotic airport experiences while being spared from the sound of their seat mate alternating between snoring and pretzel chomping.
Not only will they provide literal hours of cord-free listening time, they're also waterproof! A single charge provides over 10 hours of usage, and the rechargeable case can have them fully juiced up in under two hours.
Promising review: "Best decision! These are the greatest headphones ever! I saw them on TikTok months ago and added them to my wishlist. I got a new phone that doesn't have the headphone port so I decided it was time to finally buy them. They are amazing and I probably won't ever take them out of my ears! 😂" —Katlyn D Arnold
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in five colors) — don't forget to apply the coupon to save 20%!
3. A lipstick-sized cordless portable charger, which will reeeally come in handy when their phone's at 19% battery and the plane hasn't even taken off yet. Plus, it'll give them extra juice while they're exploring, and it's *so* much sleeker than those bulky block chargers.
I'd had my eye on this bad boy for a while, and finally ordered it to take on a two-week trip to Europe. Let me tell you: LIFESAVER. I'm the type of person who loves to spend hours and hours exploring new cities, but with the amount of photos and videos I take, my phone's battery tends to drain really quickly (relying on Google Maps to get literally everywhere doesn't help, either). With this, I knew I'd have some backup when there weren't any outlets nearby, and it was *so* nice not having to connect my phone to a clunky charging bank via cord. 100% recommend!
Promising review: "The holy grail of portable chargers!!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want a carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty pink color, and I get one full charge of battery for my iPhone 11. Get it, you will not be disappointed!" —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in six colors) — don't forget to apply the coupon to save 15%!
4. A Hydro Flask tumbler for keeping their hot bevs hot and their cold bevs cold when they take 'em on the go.
Promising review: "I went on a 3,600-mile solo motorcycle trip in late August from LA to Denver, 120-degree heat. Filled the flask up with ice and water. Every two hours I'd stop and soak my neck cooling scarf with ice cold water and pour some on my head and back. Keep on riding. The ice stayed frozen for hours, if not the whole day. Very easy to fill with ice and water. Pretty sure it will be great to bring a bunch of hot tea in on winter days. My other Hydro Flask keeps coffee boiling hot all day." —Yury Sakovich
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in four sizes and 17 colors).
5. An ingenious luggage-mounted cup caddy that'll free up their hands so they can hold their phone, boarding pass, passport — you know, the ~essentials~ (not that their XL iced mocha isn't an essential, but, you know...).
Reviewers say it's ideal for a suitcase that can roll on four wheels! If they have a suitcase that has to tilt while it rolls, they'll just have to be careful if the drinks are open at the top.
Promising review: "This cup holder is perfect! It helps me a lot! Last time I took a plane with a suitcase and a cup of coffee, I dropped and spilled my drink everywhere when it was my turn to check my passport and ticket. It was a nightmare! This time, I bought this cup holder to do me a favor! I don't have to worry about where my cup and phone are! I can free my hands to do other things. I love it so much! Hope you love it too." —Philip
Get it from Amazon for $15.99+ (available in 30 styles) — don't forget to apply the coupon to save 10%!
6. A memory foam seat cushion, because if they have to endure roadtrip traffic, their bum should at least be nice and comfy in the car. With this, their booty will stay supported, and the cool gel layer on top keeps things from getting too sweaty.
Promising review: "A few weeks into working from home five days a week I started having a lot of hip/leg/back pain. I have a good Herman Miller task chair that had been fine for one to two days of WFH a week, but wasn't working for me full time. In the early afternoons my lower back would start cramping. I did some research and bought this pillow and it immediately helped! I also took it on a two-week road trip since a three day road trip earlier this year had made a mess of my lower body that lingered for weeks — and no pain! What really drove me to write this review was that yesterday, unknowingly, I worked all day sitting on my chair without my cushion. I had removed it to use as a spare chair at my dinner table and forgot to put it back. At the end of the day hip was aching and I realized why! Today it's back on my chair and I'm already feeling better." —Lorene
Get it from Amazon for $47.95+ (available in three colors) — don't forget to apply the coupon to save 10%!
7. A luxe-looking passport and vaccination card holder so they'll never hold up an airport check-in line while frantically searching through their pockets and going, "I know it's here somewhere!" ever again.
I bought one of these as a gift for my dad last year, and he loved it — plus, it arrived less than a week after I ordered it!
It's made by Henney's Boutique, a small biz based in LA specializing in handy leather goods.
Promising review: "I love this! I bought one for myself, then one for my husband, then I've been sending the link to everyone who asks me where I got it... They're the best for keeping both your passport and your vaccine card safe for travel." —Paige Devlin
Shipping info: All domestic orders are shipped within 24 hours of payment for free using USPS first-class mail. Expedited shipping is available at checkout for an additional cost. Orders are typically delivered within 3–5 business days.
8. A highly rated fanny pack that can also be worn as a crossbody bag for convenient hands-free schlepping. It's surprisingly spacious and comes with a hidden back pocket to keep valuables safely tucked away.
Promising review: "Very happy with my purchase. Got this for my trip to Colombia. I was looking at more expensive fanny packs but settled on this for the reviews. It’s very well-made for the price. It withstood many hikes to waterfalls, horseback riding, and city tours among others. I wore it as shown in the picture and love the fact that there’s a pocket that’s hidden that sits on my chest at all times where I kept my passport, extra cash, and travel documents. I was able to fit my camera, iPhone, earbuds, shades, charger, and a couple of other knickknacks without a problem. Wasn’t a fanny pack guy before now but I’m a believer LOL." —IWG MD
Get it from Amazon for $14.77+ (available in two sizes and 24 styles).
9. A portable white noise machine, because if they've ever tried getting a good night's sleep while their hotel neighbors were throwing a rager, they probably wished they'd had one of these.
It features 20 nonlooping sleep sounds, 32 volume levels, and a timer — plus, it weighs less than half a pound!
Promising review: "Wonderful sound machine. Compact enough for travel. We took ours on vacation and are so glad we did. This drowns out hotel noises perfectly! I like how small it is when on my dresser at home, too. So thankful for the nonlooping sound. Would recommend over and over again." —Hill.jess
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 — don't forget to apply the coupon to save $3!
10. A classic pair of ultra-comfy Allbirds sneakers they can wear on the walking tour they signed up for without realizing it was six hours long. 😬 The flexible design means the shoes will move with them, and on hot days, they'll appreciate the breathable eucalyptus-fiber material.
P.S. They can be tossed in the washing machine when they start to get smelly, and they're made with renewable materials! ♻️
Promising review: "Just spent a week in Paris and these were the most comfortable shoes for hours of sightseeing and trekking around the city every day! My feet were happy, and they looked so cute with jeans and casual skirts, and were easy to keep clean, too. My new favorite shoes!" —Jessica G.
Shipping info: Orders placed using standard shipping typically arrive in 6–8 business days after placing the order. 2- and 3-business day expedited shipping options are available for an additional cost. Orders are only shipped and delivered on business days, and only expedited orders placed before 12:30 p.m. Eastern on a business day will ship that same day (see Allbirds' full shipping info here).
Get it from Allbirds for $94+ (available in women's sizes 5–11 and seven styles).
11. An in-flight phone mount that'll turn their phone into a movie screen in case whatever airline they're flying doesn't have any good viewing options (if they even offer them at all!). It attaches to the top of their seat-back tray so they'll be able to download their favorite films and TV shows before takeoff and watch them midair.
Promising review: "I bought this nifty gadget about six months ago for a multi-leg, ultra-long-haul trip and it more than held up the entire duration. I was able to finagle it to fit the tray tables on different planes, and like others, I find the height just nice when clamped onto a stowed tray table. It also works on my roller carry-on handle during layovers. However, I find myself using it a lot outside of travel too! Work-wise, I've clamped it onto my office desk shelving to hold my phone at eye level beside my computer. At home, I simply clamped it to a deck of cards and it turns into a versatile stand that I can place on any flat surface. Heck, I've been using it to hold my phone comfortably at eye level while watching videos in bed. It's extremely well-built, and I find myself fidgeting with it all the time. Thus far it still feels solid and I don't anticipate breaking it any time soon. Even if it does break, I'll be happy to buy another one or two of it!" —Earendil
Get it from Amazon for $12.97 (available in three colors).
12. A refined leather electronics organizer for neatly storing their cables all in one place, no jumbled web of cords in sight. It comes with nine slots for USB cables, headphones, power adaptors, and any other accessories they might need, and folds up nice and compact.
Plus, you can have it personalized with their initials!
Mr. Crafter is a small biz that specializes in personalized leather travel and tech accessories.
Promising review: "Absolutely beautiful! The custom lettering came out perfectly and it can easily hold two battery packs and all the cords we could ever need for traveling with cellphones, iPads and our Switch. So pleased with the craftsmanship! Wonderful purchase. <3" —Sarah Kavaljian
Shipping info: Orders are shipped within 1 business day using USPS first class shipment. Delivery time is generally 1–4 business days after placing your order. Customized orders can ship the same day as long as the order is placed before 2 p.m. Eastern.