We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An in-flight foot hammock that might seem a little *extra* at first, but will make you a believer after one use. Simply hang it on the arms of your tray table and rest your feet on the cushion to help prevent soreness and swelling. Just make sure you're wearing a clean pair of socks before taking your shoes off!
Promising review: "This is an amazing product. It's so simple but works incredibly to prevent swelling and pressure on legs while flying. I just flew the first leg of an international flight and used it, and I am on a layover now and had to pause to write this review. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! It easily attached to the tray table, and I adjusted to my desired height. It is like a hammock for your feet. You just prop them up inside the thing/swing/hammock — which is very cushiony — and your feet are hoisted up comfortably. I'm a big girl and weight is no issue. DEFINITELY MUST HAVE ON ALL MY FLIGHTS NOW. This thing is great!!" —Queen
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in three colors).
2. A refined leather electronics organizer for neatly storing your cables all in one place, no jumbled web of cords in sight. It comes with nine slots for USB cables, headphones, power adaptors, and any other accessories you might need, and folds up nice and compact. Plus, you can have it personalized with your initials!
Mr. Crafter is a small biz that specializes in personalized leather travel and tech accessories.
Promising review: "Absolutely beautiful! The custom lettering came out perfectly and it can easily hold two battery packs and all the cords we could ever need for traveling with cellphones, iPads and our Switch. So pleased with the craftsmanship! Wonderful purchase. <3" —Sarah Kavaljian
3. A Trtl neck pillow that'll actually keep you from awkwardly dozing off on your neighbor's shoulder, thanks to its ergonomic design and soft fleece support. Plus, it'll double as a scarf (planes are COLD), and it looks way more chic than those puffy U-shaped pillows.
Promising review: "I can't stop recommending this pillow to all of my friends! It has let me comfortably sleep on flights that take place on the most uncomfortable airplane seats. On long flights, I always need to prop up my hand and I rest my head on it. But this method always ends with my arm falling asleep and I end up waking up every 30 minutes. Now this pillow provides that exact same support without needing my arms to prop me up! It's small enough to fit in your bag and doesn't take up much space." —Simona Krifman
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in black or gray).
4. A digital luggage scale so you'll know just how many souvenirs you can cram into your suitcase without it resulting in some hefty over-capacity fees. Just hook the scale to your luggage handle, lift up, and the LCD display will show the weight.
You can also switch between pound and kilogram measurements.
Promising review: "This scale works and was accurate on four flights. First flight was a test at 46 pounds and Delta scales said it was 46 pounds. The next two flights were at 49 pounds and both United and Delta found it to be 49 pounds. The bag on the 4th flight weighed 49 but the United scale found it to be 48 pounds. Four different airports and scales proved that this scale is a good, low cost must have item for air travel." —Robert
Promising review: "Love it! Lightweight and easy to read! It even gives you the climate temperature (not that I need it but a neat feature). It reads in both kg and lbs. Definitely recommend if you're a frequent traveler and have weight requirements on luggage." —Patricia Velasquez
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 (also available as a two-pack).
5. A luggage-mounted cup caddy that'll free up your hands so you can hold your phone, boarding pass, passport — you know, the ~essentials~ (not that your XL iced mocha isn't an essential, but, you know...)
Promising review: "This cup holder is perfect! It helps me a lot! Last time I took a plane with a suitcase and a cup of coffee, I dropped and spilled my drink everywhere when it was my turn to check my passport and ticket. It was a nightmare! This time, I bought this cup holder to do me a favor! I don't have to worry about where my cup and phone are! I can free my hands to do other things. I love it so much! Hope you love it too." —Philip
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in 21 colors/patterns).
6. A cute portable charger, which reeeally comes in handy when you're at 19% battery and the plane hasn't even taken off yet. It'll also give you some extra juice while you're exploring (this one's so much sleeker than those bulky block chargers), and best of all, it plugs right into your phone, so no cords to worry about!
Promising review: "The holy grail of portable chargers !!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want a carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty pink color, and I get one full charge of battery for my iPhone 11. Get it, you will not be disappointed!" —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in five colors).
7. Away's popular The Carry On for anyone who *hates* checking bags, but still needs enough space for ample clothing options (it fits five to seven outfits and has a laundry compartment!). It comes in the *prettiest* colors, and for an extra 20 bucks, you can add a USB charging port — a blessing if there ever was one. Plus, the TSA-approved lock means only you and airport security can access your belongings.
Promising review: "I was in Rome and Florence, Italy for nine days, and the Away Carry-On was just perfect. From being able to charge up my iPhone at the airport or on the train traveling from Rome to Florence, it worked perfectly. Stylish and very versatile. It also kept my belongings packed beautifully, plus the perk of a laundry bag for my dirty clothes. Getting through security was a breeze, plus the added compliments of how beautiful it was. You have a customer for life. I was very happy and impressed." —Keith H.
Get it from Away for $275+ (available with or without a USB charger and in nine colors).
8. A jewelry organizer lined with clasps that'll separate all of your delicate chains so they don't get tangled up into a nightmare of a ball while you're en route. And when you're not using it, it folds up into a cute little carrying case — no more storing jewelry in sandwich bags for you!
Promising review: "Great product! First, it’s adorable. I love the color and fabric quilting, the gold zippers. Second, it is the perfect size for my jewelry when I travel. I don’t usually bring much jewelry so this is a good size for me. The necklaces stayed tangle-free, and there are enough small zippered compartments for my bracelets and larger earrings. I was concerned about the organizer only having a snap closure and not zipping up all the way, but everything stayed secure and nothing fell out of place, so there’s that. Overall, a great product and I would assume the other sizes and varieties are of similar quality." —Emily
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in two sizes and nine styles).
9. And to match, a waterproof toiletry bag you can hang in the hotel bathroom (because you know the idea of a hotel bathroom having more than an inch of counter space is laughable). It comes with four zip-up compartments and packs up into a cute little purse, but as you can see from the photos, it fits a TON!
Promising review: "I. Love. This. Bag. Seriously, I had a cheap toiletry bag from Target that essentially did the same thing, only way worse. It was too small, the hook didn't rotate so you could only hang it at an angle, if anything ever leaked, it would seep right through the bag, etc. But THIS bag has NONE of those issues! It fits everything I need and then some, meaning I don't have to skimp on my 10-step Korean skincare routine when I travel anymore. It never leaks. And I love that the hook swivels so you can hang it anywhere, and your stuff hangs perfectly. I also love the handle and the overall flatter shape. It makes it so easy to travel with! Cannot recommend this bag enough." —KaiEli
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in two sizes and six colors).
10. Or, an upright toiletry bag for anyone who doesn't need to meet TSA requirements and wants something that'll fit full-sized products as well as minis.
It's got a whopping eight mesh pockets in the main compartment, four zippered pockets (three internal, one external), and six additional pouches to keep your bath products perfectly organized.
Promising review: "I bought this for a trip. I wanted a bag for my hairdryer, hairspray, and toiletries. This holds a full-sized can of hairspray, hairbrush, and my hairdryer with room to spare! Love the side pockets, zipper compartments, and organization this bag offers. I'm also pleased it hangs up...which is great when there's not much counter space in the bathroom. Very nice quality." —Sally Nassoiy
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in two sizes and 12 styles).
11. A clever hoodie with a built-in eye mask you'll wish you'd thought of designing first (but will be SO happy it exists all the same). Its cushy, cotton blend fleece and cozy, oversized fit will make you feel the most comfy you've ever felt in an airplane seat, and maybe you'll even get some shut-eye this time!
Pond Los Angeles is an Asian woman-owned small biz making luxurious travel products that'll make you feel like you're in first class, even if you're flying coach.
Promising review: "I fly a lot and am constantly trying to find a hoodie with a big hood to cover my eyes so I can catch up on some beauty sleep on flights. I saw this product on Instagram and knew it would be a game changer. I was able to use it recently for the first time on an early-morning flight, and let me tell you, it is EVERYTHING I was looking for and more. It’s comfy, cozy, oversized, and the eye covers make you feel like you’re in a whole other world and not packed like a sardine on a plane. My over ear headphone fit perfectly under it and I got the best sleep I’ve had on a plane — EVER! Like other reviews have said, it is big, so size down if you want something a little more snug. I have been wearing it every day at home and can’t wait to get the black and blush ones!" —Heather G.
Get it from Pond Los Angeles for $128 (available in women's sizes XS-XL and three colors).
12. A pair of Apple AirPods Pro with noise cancellation to keep you from losing your mind every time your flight neighbor alternates between chomping down on pretzels and snoring. They come with three sizes of silicone tips to comfortably fit your ears and a charging case that provides more than 24 hours of listening time.
Promising review: "I’m thrilled. I love the fact there are multiple ear tips, and the small ones fit my ears great. Thrilled with the noise-cancelling feature while I stare at a family member yapping loudly on the phone, and I don’t have to crank my volume up to drown them out. The controls are easy. It pauses music when I take an earbud out, so I’m not fumbling to pause and then yanking an earbud out while yelling, 'what?' I’ve never spent this much on headphones, but these are worth the sub-$200 I paid." —Pixie
And here's more from BuzzFeed Shopping editor Emma Lord: "I have a pair of these, and they're not playing around. Once they're securely in your ear, you can toggle the headphones between noise-cancelling and regular sound, depending on your situation. I've been working from home, and the noise canceling is so effective that I can work next to a window where my neighbor is doing heavy construction and I don't hear anything louder than a faint buzzing. It's quieter than if I'd just plugged my ears with my own fingers. I'm also a runner, and these don't budge when you're sweating, which is nice. It's also handy that these toggle out of noise-cancellation mode, because I feel better being able to hear traffic and other people around me when I'm out and about. The TL;DR is: I love these so much I have zero interest in owning another pair of headphones for as long as I live." Read her full review of the AirPod Pros here!
Get them from Amazon for $199.98.
13. And, an AirFly Pro wireless transmitter so you can connect your new favorite earbuds to the plane's entertainment system. Who cares if you've seen You've Got Mail upward of 50 times, that piece of cinematic gold deserves better than those staticky airline-distributed headphones.
Just plug it into the headphone jack to hear Meg Ryan say, "That caviar is a garnish!" the way it was meant to be heard. You can also connect up to two pairs of earbuds at a time, and it has 16+ hours of battery life for suuuper long flights.
Promising review: "Ever since I purchased my wireless Bose earbuds, I always hated having to use another set when I was on an airplane with the seat-back entertainment system. I tried many different models to connect the system to my Bluetooth headsets until I came across this one, and it is amazing! It seamlessly connects to my headset, very clear and reliable audio, and it takes the stress away from having to carry multiple headsets! Thank you!!!" —Ryan Malloy
Get it from Amazon for $46.74 (also available in two other styles).
14. A handy pack of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, because the one single wipe they hand out when you board the plane just won't cut it these days. Plus, you can use these for wiping down those...questionable surfaces in the airport before you eat.
Just a heads up, some reviewers say to pack these in clear zip-up bags to ensure TSA doesn't search your whole carry-on.
Promising review: "Great-sized packets and perfect for airplanes and the car. The scent smells clean and not overpowering. They give me peace of mind that my surfaces are clean." —Cindy A
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $12.
15. An unassuming luggage strap that may not look like much, but is actually super convenient in terms of keeping your hands free. Just hook it onto your luggage handle and attach your purse, backpack, neck pillow, jacket, or pretty much anything else you'd rather not schlep around the terminal yourself.
Promising review: "I love this little gadget. I used it to attach my jacket and computer bag to my luggage on an extended business trip. It made my airport walks so much easier. Now that I'm back home, I've been using it daily to attach my jacket or cardigan to my work bag or purse." —Michele
Get it from Amazon for $8.49 (available in five colors).
16. An in-flight phone mount in case whatever airline you're flying doesn't have any good viewing options (if they even offer them at all). It attaches to the top of your seat-back tray so you can download your favorite movies and TV shows before takeoff and watch them midair.
Promising review: "I bought this nifty gadget about six months ago for a multi-leg, ultra-long-haul trip and it more than held up the entire duration. I was able to finagle it to fit the tray tables on different planes, and like others, I find the height just nice when clamped onto a stowed tray table. It also works on my roller carry-on handle during layovers. However, I find myself using it a lot outside of travel too! Work-wise, I've clamped it onto my office desk shelving to hold my phone at eye level beside my computer. At home, I simply clamped it to a deck of cards and it turns into a versatile stand that I can place on any flat surface. Heck, I've been using it to hold my phone comfortably at eye level while watching videos in bed. It's extremely well-built, and I find myself fidgeting with it all the time. Thus far it still feels solid and I don't anticipate breaking it any time soon. Even if it does break, I'll be happy to buy another one or two of it!" —Earendil
Get it from Amazon for $12.97 (available in black or lavender, as well as a set of two).
17. A portable white noise machine, because if you've ever tried getting a good night's sleep while your hotel neighbors were throwing a rager, you probably wished you had one of these.
It features 20 nonlooping sleep sounds, 32 volume levels, and a timer — plus, it weighs less than half a pound!
Promising review: "Wonderful sound machine. Compact enough for travel. We took ours on vacation and are so glad we did. This drowns out hotel noises perfectly! I like how small it is when on my dresser at home, too. So thankful for the non-looping sound. Would recommend over and over again." —Hill.jess
Get it from Amazon for $23.99.
18. A collapsible stroller that folds up so small, it'll fit in most overhead compartments, aka no more waiting around at baggage claim! Plus, it weighs less than 10 pounds and comes with a handle for easy carrying when it's not in use.
It's designed to hold kids who weigh up to 55 pounds.
Promising review: "Best stroller ever! WE LOVE THIS STROLLER! My husband originally purchased it because I was afraid to take our big stroller on the plane to gate check. I was traveling alone, so ease of use and portability was really important. I was amazed at how convenient it was to collapse and slide under my seat on the plane and it maneuvered well through the airport and throughout our trip. I received multiple compliments and a few moms even asked me where to buy one. Since then, we have been on a few more flights and many excursions and are still in love with this purchase!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $279.95 (also available in three other styles and in black or blue).
19. And, a JetKids carry-on suitcase, which, if you've ever traveled with small children, will probably inspire you to send a thank you-card to the manufacturer once you see how much grief it saves you. Not only will small kids have fun riding it, they can also use it as a foot rest so they'll have a more comfy flight.
It's recommended for kids ages 3–7 and fits most standard economy seats. Plus, it has an adjustable strap so you can carry it over your shoulder, a top handle, and a mattress inside that can be removed and used while in the air. Parents have even used this product while waiting for their flight to keep kids comfy and content.
Promising review: "I dragged my feet on this purchase because of the price tag, but I have zero regrets after traveling solo with my 2-year-old and 5-year-old. This thing was so easy to maneuver through the airport and through the plane aisles that my 2-year-old pulled it herself for most of the trip. It was slightly too big for her to ride on, but my 4-year-old loved riding on it. The bed feature was super easy to set up and we used it to and from our destination. I was able to pack clothes for a five-day trip, the bed, a blanket and stuffie. I will definitely be dumping more money into this company for our next trip. Happy customer!" —Casie Wilds
Get it from Amazon for $199 (available in four colors).
20. The cutest travel games set that'll keep your kids (and maybe even you!) entertained during surprise delays and long layovers. It comes with six dry-erase game boards, with favorites like Connect Four, Tic-Tac-Toe, and Hangman, along with markers and a handy carrying case for compact storage.
Based in Myrtle Beach, SC, Jonley Gifts is a small biz you should check out for home decor, personalized items, and cheeky t-shirts.
Promising review: "So adorable! Out of several similar travel game options, my kids liked this one best. The quality is amazing for the price." —Samantha Grace
21. A mini contact lens kit so you can avoid red eyes on your red-eye. When it's time to take your contacts out and you really don't wanna do so in the tiny, questionably sanitary plane b-room, this will help you get the job done right in your seat.
It comes with a solution bottle, tweezers, stick connection, lens holder, and mirror.
Promising review: "When I travel, I worry about misplacing my contacts, so this will hep me keep them in a safe place, easy to find."—Tamara G.
Promising review: "Great product for the price!! Super cute!! Small and perfect for traveling, in your car, purse, or pocket!! The tongs have a super soft silicone type grip on the ends so they won't hurt your lenses. I am very impressed!! I would recommend to everyone!! Great product, great price!! Will purchase again!!" —Loni H. Rhymes
Get it from Amazon for $4.99 (available in three colors).
22. Some in-flight earplugs that won't only drown out the sound of the screaming toddler in back of you, they'll also help prevent air pressure discomfort and popping.
Promising review: "Never fly without these! Before I found these, I endured excruciating pain in my ears upon descent and landing. Felt like a hot poker being driven into each ear. My ears would also be plugged up, and it would often take two to three days for them to resume their normal state of being. I insert them about an hour before landing, as the plane is making its slow descent. I'm comfortable, and the most discomfort I experience is a slight adjustment of pressure feeling in my sinus. NO PAIN. NO TEARS." —K. Tombrella
Get a pack with three pairs from Amazon for $17.49 (also available in packs of one, five, and 10 pairs).
23. A faux leather Béis seatback organizer, because how many of us have gotten to our plane seats, stuffed our passport into the pocket under the tray table while telling ourselves we'd put it in our bag once we settled in, and then promptly forgotten about it until we stepped off the plane? With this gorgeous thing, you'll have all of your essentials within arm's reach and remember to take them with you, too!
Béis is a woman-owned travel accessories company from Shay Mitchell.
Promising review: "This is the perfect travel accessory I never knew I needed! I’m a travel dork that likes to get all situated and prepared for a long flight. I need my lip gloss and hand lotion in close reach at all times. And now hand sanitizer and wipes as well. All of the little pockets are great. Besides those items, I also packed my Kindle, earbuds, phone, moisturizer, and pens for our customs forms (because ultimately there’s going to be someone around you that forgot their pen!). No more reaching into the seat-back pocket and finding someone’s melted chocolate wrapper, gum, or dirty tissue. No more phone falling through a rip in the pocket. Every travel nerd needs this!!" —Shelby D.
Get it from Béis for $24 (available in black or beige).
24. A flight attendant-approved off-shoulder jumpsuit (with over 28,000 5-star ratings, might I add) that'll save room in your suitcase, since it's a one-and-done piece with ~endless~ styling options — aka, you can wear it multiple times throughout your trip without it feeling monotonous. Plus, it would make the comfiest plane outfit!
Promising review: "I bought the navy blue to take on vacation after reading an article about how easy care these jumpsuits are. I loved it so much I bought the green. I take them out of my suitecase, hang them up, and they are ready to go in a few hours, no ironing needed. I get compliments every time I wear one of them." —AKSunshine
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in women's sizes S–3XL and 31 colors/patterns).