1. I started off with a simple line — didn't want to scare off the first guy I encountered.
2. I amped up the flattery for my next one.
3. I couldn't resist using this next line, simply because I've heard it too many times to count.
4. This guy talked to me before I even had the chance to craft the perfect line...this was the result.
5. I had to use this perfect elementary line. Great for rookie pick up line artists.
6. No explanation needed.
7. Then I tried to be very complimentary with this line.
8. I soon realized that I needed to step up my game if I wanted guys to be receptive to my unsubtle flirting technique.
9. The McDonald's line seemed to be a hit, so I went for round two.
10. I figured I should try to appeal to their interests if I could. I could tell by this guy's profile that he was a sporty dude. Here goes nothing...
11. Next, I tried using a good old pun.
12. Took a plunge and got a little more emotional with this guy.
13. I returned to my previous technique of simply flattering the guy.
14. Then I tried the oldest trick in the book.
15. I tried a line so stupid that I was sure I would get no response.
16. At this point I started running out of lines.
17. I scanned the internet desperately looking for a line that would help me redeem myself.
18. And then it happened...I used the line that actually makes me want to vomit. And the response I got?
19. Tinder flirting is exhausting. I whipped out one of my best lines, knowing that this experiment was coming to an end.
20. For my last line, I kept it classic.
It's safe to say from this little experiment that pick up lines have a pretty good success rate — even when used on guys.