1. Last night, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver recognized Isaiah Austin as an honorary draft pick by calling his name on behalf of the league. The two shared a touching moment up on stage, which immediately became the highlight of the night.
Just a few days before the draft, Austin (who was considered to be a first-round pick) was diagnosed with a career-ending disease called Marfan syndrome.
5. As Austin and Silver met on center stage, the two shared a heartfelt moment that transcended to more than just basketball.
7. Best of luck in your future, Isaiah.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏