In 1994, Disney — in an attempt to be hip and cool — released a rap album, Mickey Unrapped, which featured Mickey and company singing a mix of both original songs and rewritten parodies of somewhat recent rap hits. The results were rather unfortunate.
5. “Ice, Ice, Mickey”
In 1994 Vanilla Ice’s music was not only passé, but also completely uncool. (Was he ever really cool?)
Somehow that didn’t matter to Disney, they thought it would be a great idea to piggyback ride on the success of then 4-year-old hit song.
Also, other than the title, the song has nothing in common with the Vanilla Ice track.
Most cringeworthy moment: Mickey rapping, “Yeah, the Disney posse’s coming atcha/Head ‘em off at the pass, hummies, I mean homies.”
4. “U Can’t Botch This”
Goofy, Mickey, and Minnie do a silly parody of M.C. Hammer’s “U Can’t Touch This.”
Most cringeworthy moment: Goofy singing “I went outside in my underwear/ The door blew shut/ I was stuck out there/ And along came a bus full of kids” – this is an image nobody needs.
3. “Whoomp! (There It Went)”
Tag Team remade their 1993 party/sports anthem again — they had previously remade it for the film Addams Family Values.
Most cringeworthy moment: The fact that Tag Team actually appears on this song.
2. “Ducks In The Hood”
What happened to Huey, Dewey, and Louie? One minute they’re living with their Uncle Scrooge in his posh pad, and the next they’re the N.W.A of Duckburg.
Most cringeworthy lyric: “Everybody in the hood say hey D-U-C-K.”
1. “Whatta Mouse!”
Minnie reinterprets Salt ‘N’ Pepa’s classic track “Whatta Man,” as an ode to her main man, Mickey — and she makes it clear that he isn’t creeping behind her back.
Most cringeworthy lyric: “I know he’s loyal cause you never hear about him with another girl.”
- President Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈