3. The provocative ads were seen on television, in print, on billboards and…
4. …on city buses. The highly visible campaign stirred controversy and generated immediate backlash.
5. At best the campaign looked like amateur porn, but most parent groups felt that the images along with the [creepy] commercials were borderline child porn.
The company faced additional backlash from child welfare authorities, leaders of the Catholic League, journalists and the American Family Association.
Source: The New York Times
6. Prompted by complaints the Justice Department was forced to open an investigation into whether or not the company had violated any child pornography laws. The investigation was dropped when the company provided proof that all the models were adults.
Source: Los Angeles Times
8. Collection of Calvin Klein Jeans commercials:
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎