3. The provocative ads were seen on television, in print, on billboards and…
4. …on city buses. The highly visible campaign stirred controversy and generated immediate backlash.
5. At best the campaign looked like amateur porn, but most parent groups felt that the images along with the [creepy] commercials were borderline child porn.
The company faced additional backlash from child welfare authorities, leaders of the Catholic League, journalists and the American Family Association.
Source: The New York Times
6. Prompted by complaints the Justice Department was forced to open an investigation into whether or not the company had violated any child pornography laws. The investigation was dropped when the company provided proof that all the models were adults.
Source: Los Angeles Times
8. Collection of Calvin Klein Jeans commercials:
- Some Bernie-or-Busters protested Hillary Clinton's DNC speech, but a tightly organized plan — from coordinated chants to secret allies — kept heckling off TV.
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.