3. The provocative ads were seen on television, in print, on billboards and…
4. …on city buses. The highly visible campaign stirred controversy and generated immediate backlash.
5. At best the campaign looked like amateur porn, but most parent groups felt that the images along with the [creepy] commercials were borderline child porn.
The company faced additional backlash from child welfare authorities, leaders of the Catholic League, journalists and the American Family Association.
Source: The New York Times
6. Prompted by complaints the Justice Department was forced to open an investigation into whether or not the company had violated any child pornography laws. The investigation was dropped when the company provided proof that all the models were adults.
Source: Los Angeles Times
8. Collection of Calvin Klein Jeans commercials:
- Donald Trump says he's making a last-minute trip to Mexico on Wednesday before his speech on immigration policy.
- US officials are trying to confirm whether a senior ISIS leader, reportedly serving as the group's leader in Syria, was killed in an airstrike.
- Chris Brown has been released on a $250,000 bail after being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon after allegedly threatening a model at his home.