3. The provocative ads were seen on television, in print, on billboards and…
4. …on city buses. The highly visible campaign stirred controversy and generated immediate backlash.
5. At best the campaign looked like amateur porn, but most parent groups felt that the images along with the [creepy] commercials were borderline child porn.
The company faced additional backlash from child welfare authorities, leaders of the Catholic League, journalists and the American Family Association.
Source: The New York Times
6. Prompted by complaints the Justice Department was forced to open an investigation into whether or not the company had violated any child pornography laws. The investigation was dropped when the company provided proof that all the models were adults.
Source: Los Angeles Times
8. Collection of Calvin Klein Jeans commercials:
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- Exactly 75 years ago today, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the executive order authorizing the internment of Japanese-Americans.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩