1. In June of 1965, Princess Grace Kelly gave a wonderful interview to American novelist Paul Gallico, as part of an oral-history project spearheaded by the Kennedy Library.
2. In the interview, Kelly recalled how Kennedy helped connect her for, the first time, “spiritually, and sympathetically, with the presidency.”
3. How his youth reflected the promise and optimism of the United States…
4. …and finding a deeper meaning in his tragic death.
“Well, it might not seem so today, but I, for one, cannot believe that a man of Mr. Kennedy’s stature and achievements was put upon this earth for no other purpose than to stop an assassin’s bullet. I believe that God allows these certain tragedies to happen in order to emphasize the man and his achievements and to inspire those who follow to have the strength and the will to accomplish his unfulfilled dreams.”
7. The interview and animated video is part of the PBS Digital Studios wonderful ongoing series Blank on Blank:
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 30.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk said his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝