1. In June of 1965, Princess Grace Kelly gave a wonderful interview to American novelist Paul Gallico, as part of an oral-history project spearheaded by the Kennedy Library.
2. In the interview, Kelly recalled how Kennedy helped connect her for, the first time, “spiritually, and sympathetically, with the presidency.”
3. How his youth reflected the promise and optimism of the United States…
4. …and finding a deeper meaning in his tragic death.
“Well, it might not seem so today, but I, for one, cannot believe that a man of Mr. Kennedy’s stature and achievements was put upon this earth for no other purpose than to stop an assassin’s bullet. I believe that God allows these certain tragedies to happen in order to emphasize the man and his achievements and to inspire those who follow to have the strength and the will to accomplish his unfulfilled dreams.”
7. The interview and animated video is part of the PBS Digital Studios wonderful ongoing series Blank on Blank:
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏