21 Little Things You Forgot You Used To Do
Think about it: When was the last time you licked a stamp?
1. Going to the music store and listening to new releases on the kiosks before deciding whether to buy them or not.
2. Dropping off or picking up your loved ones at their gate in the airport.
3. Making sure you always had a disposable camera around so you could take photos with your friends and then trade the doubles.
4. Or if you had your own REAL camera, making sure you had the correct film for the time of day, and an EXTRA roll if you wanted to take more than 24 pictures.
5. Remembering to program your VCR if you were going out and wanted to record the latest episode of Dawson's Creek.
6. VERY carefully writing down the product numbers and names on the order form when ordering clothes from catalogs.
And then praying that none of your items were on backorder.
7. Getting up really early in order to wait in line at the Ticketmaster box office to get tickets for a concert...
8. ...or waiting in a long line in order to get good seats at the movies.
"Dude, we've got to get the theater at least four hours early in order to get good seats for the midnight showing of The Phantom Menace!"
9. Having to lick gross-tasting stamps any time you mailed a letter.
10. Not being able to get online because someone needed to use the phone or 'cause the network was busy.
11. Constantly getting these in the mail and immediately throwing them away.
12. Getting excited about going to a LAN party after school with your friends.
13. Having to look up movie times in the newspaper.
14. Running home to delete any messages on the answering machine that you didn't want your parents to hear.
15. Getting ridiculously mad when your ONE friend who had his own answering machine or cell phone would leave the "Hello, hello, I can't hear you! Just kidding..." fake outgoing message on their voicemail.
16. Having to look up someone's phone number in the phone book....
17. ...or calling 411 to get the information and awkwardly having to talk to an operator.
18. Setting up your LimeWire with a queue of songs before going to bed and hoping they'd all be downloaded by the time you woke up.
19. Using your detective skills to be able to spot a fake mp3 song from the real ones.
20. Carrying around change in order to be able to call your parents from a payphone.
21. And finally, aimlessly wandering Blockbuster because they didn't have the new release you wanted.
You should have had a back-up movie in mind to rent just in case they didn't have what you wanted.