1. In 1998, to promote Hello Nasty, the Beastie Boys produced and starred in a half-hour “infomercial” for the album. The commercial was a parody of different late-night infomercials and featured each member in their own bit:
2. Ad-Rock as “John,” the over enthused audience member, was featured in a bit about a juice extractor, that also happens to play Beastie Boys songs.
3. Mike D as exercise guru “Jack Freeweather.”
4. MCA (RIP) as “Bill Swenson,” a get-rich-quick money maker…
5. …whose segment came with the best warning:
6. The infomercial was directed by Mike D’s wife, Tamra Davis, and late-night on cable stations in major cities. Despite the spoof nature of the commercial, viewers could actually purchase the album by calling 1-888-711-BSTE:
7. Hello Nasty infomercial part two:
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉