1. In 1998, to promote Hello Nasty, the Beastie Boys produced and starred in a half-hour “infomercial” for the album. The commercial was a parody of different late-night infomercials and featured each member in their own bit:
2. Ad-Rock as “John,” the over enthused audience member, was featured in a bit about a juice extractor, that also happens to play Beastie Boys songs.
3. Mike D as exercise guru “Jack Freeweather.”
4. MCA (RIP) as “Bill Swenson,” a get-rich-quick money maker…
5. …whose segment came with the best warning:
6. The infomercial was directed by Mike D’s wife, Tamra Davis, and late-night on cable stations in major cities. Despite the spoof nature of the commercial, viewers could actually purchase the album by calling 1-888-711-BSTE:
7. Hello Nasty infomercial part two:
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.