1. In 1998, to promote Hello Nasty, the Beastie Boys produced and starred in a half-hour “infomercial” for the album. The commercial was a parody of different late-night infomercials and featured each member in their own bit:
2. Ad-Rock as “John,” the over enthused audience member, was featured in a bit about a juice extractor, that also happens to play Beastie Boys songs.
3. Mike D as exercise guru “Jack Freeweather.”
4. MCA (RIP) as “Bill Swenson,” a get-rich-quick money maker…
5. …whose segment came with the best warning:
6. The infomercial was directed by Mike D’s wife, Tamra Davis, and late-night on cable stations in major cities. Despite the spoof nature of the commercial, viewers could actually purchase the album by calling 1-888-711-BSTE:
7. Hello Nasty infomercial part two:
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber has ordered an "urgent investigation" into an engineer's claim that she repeatedly experienced workplace sexism.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩