1. British-born Cathy Dennis first burst on to the music scene with her 1989 collaboration with house music producer, D Mob, and their single “C’mon and Get My Love.”
3. In 1996, Dennis’ songwriting career began when she co-wrote “Bumper to Bumper”, the B-side to the Spice Girls’ hit single “Wannabe”.
4. ’00s Dennis began to write/co-write several big top-ten hits like: Kylie Minogue’s “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head”. In 2001, the song reached No. 7 on the “Billboard” Hot 100 and No. 1 on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Songs.
5. Also, Kelly Clarkson’s “Before Your Love”. In 2002, the song was released as a double A-side single with “A Moment Like This” which reached No. 1 on the “Billboard” Hot 100.
6. And even Britney Spears’ “Toxic”. In 2004, the song reached No. 9 on the “Billboard” Hot 100 and No. 1 on both U.S. Hot Dance Club Songs and U.S. Pop Songs.
7. Her last big hit was Katy Perry’s “I Kissed A Girl”. In 2008, the song reached No. 1 on the “Billboard” Hot 100, remaining there for seven weeks. The song is also one of the best selling singles worldwide, selling over 8 million copies.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.