1. The feeling of anticipation you got whenever you had to make decisions in a Choose Your Own Adventure book.
2. Not being able to resist the urge to yell out "I have the power" whenever Prince Adam transformed into He-Man on He-Man and the Masters of the Universe...
3. ...or yell out "THUNDERCATS HOOO!" during the intro to ThunderCats.
4. And of course, you secretly watched ThunderCats because of Cheetara.
5. Constantly trying to get away with playing Nerf football in the house.
6. You considered this your first designer underwear:
7. The feeling of excitement you got just hearing the theme song to Transformers.
8. The emotional blow you felt when Optimus Prime died in the ONLY Transformers movie that matters.
9. Feeling like you could never have enough Garbage Pail Kids trading cards.
10. Knowing that your birthday meant getting an awesome cake made with a character pan.
And they were always decorated with so much frosting.
11. Being completely disappointed whenever you opened a birthday gift and realized you got a GoBots toy instead of a Transformers.
12. Also feeling upset whenever you got this filler gift:
13. Not being able to resist giggling whenever the little kid said, "Dic."
14. Looking school picture day ready in your Le Tigre or Izod polo.
The unofficial brands of '80s elementary school boys!
15. The joy you got from putting a Michael Jackson or Madonna cassette tape into your Teddy Ruxpin and watching him sing along.
16. Thinking you and your friends would, one day, discover a map to a secret buried treasure just like in The Goonies.
17. Getting frustrated when your Panini stickers pack gave you the SAME stickers over and over.
"I guess I'll never complete my sticker album!" =(
18. How Denise Huxtable, Jamie Powell, and Mallory Keaton were the ultimate older dream girls... sha la la la.
19. And of course, Punky Brewster was the perfect crush...
20. ...who also happened to have the coolest tree house ever!
21. Making one of these delicious cereals part of your nutritious breakfast:
22. Trying to talk as fast as the Micro Machines Man in Micro Machines commercials:
23. Thinking that you could totally solve a mystery case like Encyclopedia Brown.
24. The feeling of horror and titillation you felt when you discovered your parents old 1970s copy of The Joy of Sex.
25. Wanting not only all the Lego, but also the badass bedroom from the Zack the Lego Maniac commercials.
26. The sheer excitement you got when you received your Nintendo.
27. Cheating on Duck Hunt by standing right up against the screen to shoot the ducks — really 'cause the gun never seemed to work.
28. Being mesmerized by Jessica Rabbit.
29. Thinking there were no cooler sneakers than British Knights.
30. And thinking that wearing your Batman Converse made you instantly cooler.
31. Realizing, the hard way, that you did NOT want to get hit with a Madball!
32. Being confused as to why there were two Ghostbusters cartoons.
The Real Ghostbusters all the way, obviously.
33. Actually being OK with paying a dollar to play about 15 seconds of Dragon's Lair, just 'cause it was the most amazing arcade game you'd ever seen.
34. Barely being able to move while trying to skate in a pair of these:
35. Circling a bunch of toys and items in the Sears Wishbook and J.C. Penney catalog in hopes that your parents would see what you wanted and secretly buy it for you.
36. Being excited when, about every four months, you got a magazine in the mail that was devoted to just your favorite toy line:
37. Completely missing the point of this PSA 'cause all you cared about was saying "I learned it from watching you!" along with the kid.
38. Secretly being terrified of the Large Marge scene in Pee-wee's Big Adventure.
39. Having the jingle to My Buddy stuck in your head.
40. Being completely mind-blown when the Flintstones met the Jetsons.
41. Wanting a miniature train that ran inside your house just like on Silver Spoons.
42. Being jealous of that ONE friend or neighbor who had not only EVERY Star Wars figure, but also all the vehicles and playsets.
"Want that Death Star so bad."
43. The fear that you were going to crash into everything in sight while going down a steep driveway on your Roller Racer.
44. Having to settle for a plastic smock as a Halloween costume because that was the only way you could get an official character costume.
Also barely being able to see and breathe while wearing the plastic mask.
45. Getting important life lessons at the end of every cartoon:
46. Basically playing this game just to see how many times you could kill your competition without really caring who won:
47. Knowing this was one of the best parts of playing Little League:
48. Wanting a Mogwai as a pet.
49. Realizing there was no more badass playset than Castle Grayskull.
50. Also really wanting a She-Ra figure to add to your He-Man toy collection, even though she was technically a girl's toy.
51. How Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles completely took over your life.
You were obsessed.