1. Looking through the Sunday paper circulars to find out what movies and albums were being released that week.
2. Buying an expensive CD single import just for the bonus B-side.
3. Waiting HOURS to download one song off of Napster and praying you wouldn't be knocked off the internet while it downloaded.
4. Doing research for a paper or report with a CD-ROM.
5. Having to clearly label your VHS tape so that no one would tape over it before you had a chance to watch it.
6. Buying books specifically made for the bathroom.
7. Carrying around both a beeper and a cell phone.
And your cell phone was used sparingly, as minute plans were expensive and also didn't come with a whole lot of minutes.