3. Turning on the TV Guide Channel right after the channel’s listing you wanted to see had already scrolled.
Then having to go dig out the newspaper from the garbage can so that you could look it up — if you didn’t want to wait for the listings to scroll all the way around again.
9. Turning on The Weather Channel to get the local forecast, but having to wait a while because they were showing the national forecast.
“Who cares about the weather in the Southwest? I live in the Northeast and need to know if I’m going to have a snow day tomorrow!”
10. Having to make a call from a disgusting pay phone — and making sure you had change to make the call.
Of course, there was always just one pay phone and some jerk hogging it up by having an hour-long conversation on it.
11. When TRL cut your favorite music video six seconds in and replaced it with screaming tweens.
“Thanks, I’m glad Sarah from West Virginia got to scream into the camera, but I wanted to see the entire video for Jimmy Eat World’s ‘The Middle.’”
13. Waiting in line for hours to get tickets for a concert.
And then almost having a meltdown when the Ticketmaster guy handed out randomly assigned wristbands and the person who showed up last got to go to the front of the line.
15. Or when you went to rent a video at Blockbuster and they didn’t have any more copies of the movie you wanted.
“Ugh, I guess I’ll rent Honey I Blew Up the Kid, again!”
18. Getting lost with the printed-out directions you got from MapQuest.
“According to this map, that road should be running over where this lake is located.”
- BuzzFeed News exposes a secretive legal system that allows corporations to intimidate entire countries with one threat.
- Donald Trump's campaign CEO Stephen Bannon and an associate were accused of sexual harassment in a 1990s court case.
- And Apple has to repay up to €13 billion ($14.5 billion) in illegal tax benefits to Ireland, the European Commission has ruled.