10 Interesting Facts About World War II That You Might Not Know
Monopoly actually played a very important role during the war.
1. President Roosevelt used Al Capone’s Limousine
2. Calvin Graham was the youngest U.S. serviceman, he lied about his age and enlisted in the Navy at age 12 in 1942, it wasn’t until after he was wounded that his real age was discovered.
3. In 1942, American radio DJs were prohibited from taking listener requests. The government feared that enemy spies would embed secret messages.
4. The term Third Reich was first used by German author Arthur Moeller van den Bruck in his 1923 book Das Dritte Reich ("The Third Reich"). His book heavily influenced the Nazi party.
5. The SS ran a brothel named “The Kitty Salon,” that was frequented by foreign diplomats. They gathered intelligence by wiretapping it and training the prostitutes on how to get information from clients.
6. Russia and Japan have never signed an official peace treaty with each other to end World War II.
Both countries are still disputing over the rightful ownership of the Kuril Islands.