3. Provo is home to five billion dollar companies
Not only is Provo home to a handful of billion dollar companies, three of them are on the same street (Vivint, Qualtrics, and Ancestry.com). The other two, Novell and Nu Skin, are in other parts of Provo. All five companies were started by Mormons.
4. Provo will be the second city to get Google Fiber
While it was the third announced city behind Kansas City, MO and Austin, TX, Provo is ahead of schedule to have Google Fiber running through its veins by the end of 2013, becoming the second city in the county to have the 1 Gbps internet speeds.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌