3. Provo is home to five billion dollar companies
Not only is Provo home to a handful of billion dollar companies, three of them are on the same street (Vivint, Qualtrics, and Ancestry.com). The other two, Novell and Nu Skin, are in other parts of Provo. All five companies were started by Mormons.
4. Provo will be the second city to get Google Fiber
While it was the third announced city behind Kansas City, MO and Austin, TX, Provo is ahead of schedule to have Google Fiber running through its veins by the end of 2013, becoming the second city in the county to have the 1 Gbps internet speeds.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏