4. We’re closer to Jakarta than Sydney.
7. Perth is the sunniest capital city in the world.
Grabbing an average of 8 hours of full sun a day!
8. And the most isolated capital city as well.
But it’s OUT OF CHOICE.
12. We’ve also got a huge park that runs through our capital city that is BIGGER THAN CENTRAL PARK.
This is what it would look like if NYC and Perth merged. You’re welcome.
13. Bon Iver even wrote a song about it!
Okay so this is open to interpretation but it is called ‘Perth.’
14. And we’re rich!
Okay, maybe not all of us. But mining’s Superpit is in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia and is only AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST OPEN PIT GOLD MINE.
15. WA is home to the Kimberley, one of the last truly ‘wild’ spots on the globe.
The Fitzroy River is a beautiful sight.
Because Western Australia has THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF WILDFLOWERS ON EARTH.
LOOK AT THOSE WATTLES.