2. At first, I was skeptical.
3. But from the moment I arrived, I knew I was somewhere special.
4. The people knew this was the real deal.
5. I asked a nice lady if she knew where the busy parts of town were. She raised her old, wind burned finger and pointed towards this. No words were muttered.
6. The town was lush with interesting architecture.
This is my favourite photo of the denture clinic. Lots of people were lined up waiting to take their photos as well. It felt like one of the big tourist attractions the city had.
8. I could only find one ATM and it was in the TAB. Take from that what you will.
9. There also seems to be a lot of dental work opportunities in Mittagong. Take from that what you will.
11. Christmas comes early in Mittagong.
12. It was awesome to be in a place that didn’t seem to be infiltrated by massive chains.
13. The sky was a beautiful rich blue, the air crisp and the town seemed like a calm, idyllic escape from Sydney.
15. Ignore that.
16. I picked this up at a small bakery on the high street. It was okay, nothing to write home about though.
17. The town has all your usual sites. A bakery, a grocery store, a Persian rug outlet.
18. This is an accurate depiction of the style in Mittagong.
Everything in that store was around the $1000 mark, which led to me thinking there were a lot of secret millionaires in Mittagong. Well, the secret’s out now.