1. Find yourself a gorgeous country mansion for the ceremony and/or reception.
2. Or maybe a great set of gardens with an arch.
3. Hold your ceremony in a gazebo.
4. Wear a Maria-inspired dress with a modern twist.
5. For your flowers, think edelweiss.
6. Make all your stationary into telegrams.
7. DIY tablecloths or runners to give a nod to Maria's sewing skills.
8. If the wedding is small, you can name the tables after the children.
9. Have your guests sign a guitar instead of a guestbook.
10. Recreate iconic scenes in your photo shoot.
11. A few of your favorite things can become favors for guests.
12. Take it to the next level with a rolling hills cake.
13. And if that's not your thing, try a dessert bar instead.
14. It could have some yummy Austrian goodies.
15. Waltz away to "Something Good" for the first dance.
16. While you're at, learn the Ländler, too.
17. Have your wedding party learn "So long, Farewell."
Now go out and make Mother Abbess proud.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!