1. Jeremy Abbott is a four-time U.S. figure skating champion whose best Olympic or world championship finish is fifth; today, his short program in Sochi started off terribly with a serious-looking fall.
2. For a long moment, it looked like Abbott wasn’t going to get up.
3. But he did.
4. And, with the crowd hollering, nailed the rest of his routine.
5. There were spins. There were jumps.
6. There was serious showing-off for the judges.
7. Did he know he’d pulled it off? OH YEAH.
8. Not bad. Abbott’s currently sitting in fifth place, though there are some very good skaters yet to perform.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy rumor. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏