1. The Great Chicago Fire of 1871 was blamed on a cow.
2. The phrase ‘til the cows come home’ came about as a result of the bovine beauties languid pace.
3. Cows can run faster than horses in boggy terrain.
4. The first cow to fly was called Elm Farm Ollie in 1930.
5. The world record for the heaviest bull was 1,740kg (3,836lb)
6. It takes about 350 squirts to make a gallon of milk.
7. Farmers used to only milk about 6 cows per hour.
8. Milk is best to cool your mouth when eating spicy food.
9. Pauline Wayne was the last Presidential cow.
10. They’re so endearingly nosey*.
Much information gathered from the divinely bovine Illustrated Guide to Cows by Celia Lewis OUT NOW