In case you lived under a rock at the height of the boyband era of the late 90s/early 2000s, on February 21, 2000, MTV aired their very first made for TV movie: 2Ge+her.
The movie was a spoof on the world of boybands and TRL, but something unexpected happened when the group suddenly became popular with their own hit songs from the soundtrack. Soon after the movie, 2Ge+her was picked up as a TV series which aired for 2 seasons, until the unfortunate death of one of the members, Michael “Q.T.” Cuccione.
Let us look at all of the reasons why 2ge+her was the best boyband, shall we?
Who else dared dress up like a Star-Spangled Elvis?
They taught us calculus.
They can help you renovate your house.
They remind us of what the Hardest Part of Breaking Up is.
Do you know how much a “buttload” is? Chad can tell you.
I am confident that Jerry O’Keefe was the first person in history to say “I Heart You”
They had all 5 basic types of a successful boyband.
2. Shy bashful type
3. Reassuring older brother type
4. Little guy, dewey-eyed youngster
How can you go wrong with Chris Farley’s little brother being in a boyband? Enough said.
Because Mickey Parke has one ho and one ho only, and that’s Mickey Parke!
Because we all love and miss QT.
They are serious about pointing at the camera.
Bob Buss taught us to keep a commitment, because its good manners. It’s the Axl Rose rule.
Because they can help put out fires.
This one doesn’t even need words. How can you resist?
You wanted a Seadoo just as badly as Chad.
Because they had dolls.
Because WHOA SUCKS! (however, this song? brilliant.)
Say it, don’t spray it. I want the news, not the weather.
They toured “with Britney”
They blow awesome bubbles.
Because they STILL look adorable.
Because they are reuniting and doing a teaser show on May 4th at the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club in Hollywood on May 4th.
How can the real boybands all reunite without a spoof boyband reuniting to make fun of them all? I mean, really.
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.