After college you have to grocery shop.
Everything is so expensive and you just want to cry because you have to choose between laundry detergent and a box of 24 Stop and Shop brand donuts.
You are starting to understand why your parents were such bitches about grocery shopping all this time.
2. In college you have “Thirsty Thursday.”
In college, Thursday nights were the beginnings of your weekend because you never took Friday classes, and, if you did, you just skipped them. Too bad in the real world you can’t just not show up for work every Friday.
After college you wear sweatpants to bed.
This is probably one of the biggest adjustments to post-college life. You miss your sweatpants so much while you’re at work that it actually physically hurts you.
If only Ralph Lauren made a line of business friendly yoga pants that could double as jammies and as a friendly pants suit.
4. In college you get winter and spring breaks.
You got a month off for Jesus’ birthday…a MONTH. Winter break was basically a second summer just with snow…by the time January came around you actually missed school.
And let’s not even mention all of the hype surrounding spring break - you could go to Maui, Miami, Mexico, Vegas, the Bahamas…basically anywhere as long as you blackout for the entire week.
5. In college you skip class just because.
If it’s snowing out, then you don’t wanna go because you don’t feel like trudging through the mush…
If it’s raining out, then you don’t want to go because you’d rather lay in bed and watch movies…
If it’s sunny out, then you don’t want to go because you’d rather be playing outside…
You basically never went to class.
6. In college you get at least one good nap a day.
College is basically like pre-school, except that you nap willingly, no matter how many exams you have the next day.
And, besides, you need that nap if you’re going to stay awake doing stupid shit with your friends until 3:30 a.m.
In the real world, well, yea that doesn’t change.
Unless you’re some Harvard genius with a degree in something that most of us didn’t even know was a thing, you’re probably not financially stable yet. You continue to use your credit card for frivolous purchases like shoes and Mexican dinners with your friends even though you should know better.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏