1. Start with something easy: don't ask for straws at restaurants.
2. When you go grocery shopping, don't use dozens of plastic bags to lug your stuff home.
3. Don't buy synthetic clothing like nylon, acrylic, or polyester...
4. Stop chewing gum.
5. Buy products in cardboard packaging instead of plastic.
6. Don't buy plastic water bottles.
7. Try to avoid buying plastic lighters...
8. And yes, try to use cloth diapers instead of disposable ones.
9. Don't buy beauty products or toothpaste that contain phthalate, polyethylene or polypropylene...
10. When buying a razor, choose one that lets you replace the blades rather than buying several disposables.
11. Bring your own thermos or mug to the coffee shop instead of getting another disposable cup.
12. If you are a woman and you get a monthly period, get into the menstrual cup game.
13. Don't buy wine bottles that have plastic corks.
14. Think twice before using those plastic bags and bins.
15. Instead of cleaning your house with chemical products, do it with natural things like vinegar or baking soda.
16. When you are offered a receipt, tell them thanks but no thanks.
17. If you are going to order in, tell them not to bring plastic utensils...
18. To freshen up a place, light a candle, incense, or use an essential oil diffuser...
19. Don't buy bottled juices. Opt for the fresher option. It's healthier, tastier, and less contaminating.
20. And please stop cleaning your ears with plastic cotton swabs.
21. Don't throw your electronics in the trash.
Think about it. It's for a better future for us all.
This post was translated from Spanish.