15 Freshers' Week Horror Stories
It's all fun and games until you accidentally fart in somebody's face.
1. "I nearly drowned at a foam party."
Sarah Hay, Facebook
2. "I was leaving a party in an elevator when I turned to my flatmate and jokingly said how much I hate it when people jump in an elevator. The other five moronic guys that were with us then proceeded to jump all at once. The elevator then got stuck. We were in there for over an hour and a guy farted at one point. It got so hot that the guys started playing tic tac toe with the steam that fogged up the walls. This all caused me to have a massive panic attack in a stairwell in front of tons of drunk students. One of the worst nights I've ever had."
3. "I left my mate on public transport at 5:30am after a night out. I didn't hear from him until 10am the next day, when he called to say he had woken up covered in sick in another city and didn't know how to get back to halls."
Kaycia Lauren Ainsworth, Facebook
4. "I got so drunk that I ran and jumped into a door which destroyed my knee. I still went out, got even more wasted, and ended up dancing on a table with a doorman. I broke my laptop when I got home and ended up with £20 more than I went out with. That's a win really."
Nicole Louise, Facebook
5. "For freshers', Wheatus came to do a show in the first week. At pre-drinks I played my first ever game of ring of fire. Being the lightweight that I am, after too many dirty pints my flatmates had to carry me to the toilet, where I spent all night throwing up and crying down the phone to my brother about how I wouldn't hear "Teenage Dirtbag", while my very Christian flatmate held back my hair for me."
6. "A girl on campus got very drunk at one of the events. In the early hours of the morning (just daylight) she managed to sleepwalk out of her flat, which unfortunately had auto-locking doors. As you can guess, she had forgotten her key card. However, she had also forgotten her clothes."
7. "I hooked up with a guy in the first week only to break up basically two weeks later and had to live across from him for a year. This made my first year hell."
8. "I moved into my flat and as it turned out, I was the only one there. Suddenly I heard the fire alarm. I know that it's the norm for them to be tested every so often so I stayed sat in my dressing gown, BUT THEN IT TURNED OUT TO BE A REAL ONE. Still in my dressing gown with nothing else on, I made my way down the fire exit to the meeting point where I proceeded to meet all of my fellow students from our building. Fully dressed. With shoes on. As first impressions go, I'm not sure this was a winner."
9. "Walking up the stairs to a club, a very tall, very drunk guy from my building elbowed me in the head. I got a concussion, passed out, and was put in an ambulance."
10. "I got really drunk on one of the first nights in halls with my new flatmates and decided to show off my twerking skills. I twerked in one of their faces and accidentally farted."
11. "I decided that I could be a hardcore drinker on my first night. I ordered 10 shots (four of which I dribbled over the bar as I was too drunk to close my mouth) then crawled back to my residence and fell peacefully asleep on my bed. Except it wasn't my bed. Turns out I was in someone else's room. They turned on the lights, began shouting, my head was spinning, and I was promptly sick out of my nose. We did not become hall mates."
12. "I fell backwards off a wall because I was so drunk, smacking my head on the concrete floor, losing 3 hours of my life which I still, 11 years on, cannot remember and waking up in A&E. I am still friends with those flatmates and even though I'm nearly 30, this story still comes up. Not the best first impression."
13. "We decided to host a flat party and because I felt comfortable with everybody, I drank a whole bottle of rum. I ended up flailing around the kitchen drunkenly whilst my flatmates tried to convince me to drink water (telling me it was vodka). I woke up at 9am and spent the rest of the day projectile vomiting. What I was most concerned about was the fact that I had lost my phone. I found it a few days later in the fridge."
14. "On the very first night of freshers', my entire flat was flooded by a drunken flatmate leaving his shower and taps on. I woke up at 5am to a puddle of water for a room and, as it had been charging on the floor next to my bed, a completely broken phone. The flat stunk of damp for the entire week."
15. "Tried to give the bouncer my SU card but was so drunk I gave them my Blockbuster card. They told me I had to go home, but instead I just turned around thinking I'd vanished and turned back to them to give them my SU card. Safe to say I didn't get in and fell in a bush on the way home."