1. You regress to your eighties self with luminous running gear.
2. It’s a great way to build a collection of "Well done, you’ve taken part" medals.
3. You have a solid excuse to wear tights out in public.
4. You spend a small fortunate on the best race shoes, molded in-soles, cold weather running gear, high-tech GPS trackers and watches, heart beat monitors and a shopping cart of gels, energy drinks, and shakes – making you feel like a machine.
5. And then are constantly shamed when overtaken by two older, more experienced runners just in an old pair of trainers chatting away.
6. Which makes you feel like all your investment has amounted to nothing.
7. Those around you don’t understand your excitement around a minute-per-mile improvement.
8. And are often bored to death within 2 minutes.
9. Various health gains are destroyed by the post-run gorge.
10. Bumping into someone you know half through a run all hot and sweaty.
11. When someone breaks the water fountain etiquette.
12. The constant Run, Fatboy, Run jokes.
13. And the Forrest Gump ones.
14. When racing an absolute stranger becomes suddenly acceptable.
15. A 10k, a previously insurmountable distance, quickly becomes a “short run."
16. Kids on bikes become the most unpredictable thing since George Bush was president.
17. That feeling when you realize you’ve only just passed the halfway mark.
18. Getting lost. (We’ve all done it...haven’t we?)
19. Knowing you’ve been running far too long when you get locked in the park at night.
20. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
21. You see walking as a sign of weakness.
22. Cyclists quickly become a menace.
23. One word — chafing.
24. Stairs are somewhat difficult the next day.
25. You can go through an entire weather cycle in one long run — wind, rain, sun, snow, hail.
26. "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky makes you feel AWESOME.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!