1. Spend less on things, and more on experiences
I hate to admit that I’m a shopaholic. When I want something, I NEED it. In an effort to also re-assess how I spend my money, I need to prioritize. I have incurable wanderlust, so I’m resolving to invest in culture rather than a wardrobe. I will get so much more out of visiting a new place than a new bangle.
2. Be Social IRL
Anyone who knows me, knows I love my social media but all of the “connecting” I do online gives me a false sense of connection with friends. So I am resolving to connect with my BFFs, acquaintances, and make new friends. To add to my first resolution, I think that sharing what I learn via social media, rather than a snobby opinion or remark is just what my twitter needs.
3. Finish what I start
I resolve to accomplish something. Actually learn to play that guitar that I’ve been plucking at aimlessly for the past year. Learn something other than what to order in Italian. I make a lot of goals for myself, but seem to get lost in the middle, so this year I resolve to complete a goal!
4. Stop trying to be a “type of person who…”
I resolve to accept who I am, where I come from, what I have, and where I’m at in life. I will never be the type of person who holds a dinner party with charger plates and seating cards… Perhaps I make a large vat of mac and cheese while watching a movie with some friends?
5. Choose classic vs. trendy
leave the trendy for the undergrads. Keep it simple when it comes to style, yes that means so much less forever 21. Just because that’s it’s name doesn’t mean it’s applicable.
6. Indulge in Guilty Pleasures
I resolve to binge watch Netflix the same amount (give or take a few) that I have this year. There is nothing wrong with escaping to a fictional character’s world for a few hours. Be it a meth lab, zombie/vampire infested apocalyptic America, or Rosewood, PA, it’s nice to focus on someone else’s problems that make your own seem minute.
7. Have a Plan
Know where I want to go and what I steps I should take to make it happen! (With all goals)
8. Read the book before seeing the movie
I have most of the books from this list and have begun only one of them. I know that I am trying to resolve to not spread myself thin and actually finish some of my goals, but I really would like to read more often.
9. Write more
I have urges of creativity and usually have no idea how to use them. I have tried to write more often before, but I’m going to take another stab at it!
Holding myself accountable for the goals that I have set, the things I want to do, and the person I want to become.
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻