41 Things You Probably Should Have Bought Yesterday
Once time travel is invented, you can expect a thank you letter from yourself.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of kimchi mayo sauce to add a little zip to any meal. And by zip? Yeah, I mean absolute heaven for your tastebuds.
2. A sunburn soother crafted with aloe and coconut oil to hydrate skin and turn back time to before you stayed out in the sun a little too long.
Psst — a lot of reviewers mentioned this also helped prevent peeling and itching!
Promising review: "I ordered this two weeks ago after seeing rave reviews. So grateful I did. Yesterday I got the worst burn. It was unbelievable. I applied this four times over 24 hours. When I woke up this morning it was a lot better and has just gotten increasingly better throughout the day. The burn is mostly faded, and the pain is so much better. I hope to never burn this badly again, but I will be stockpiling this lotion all the same." —Carolina G.
Get it from Amazon for $7.64.
3. Little fish capsules filled with aluminum oxide that'll keep your humidifier cleaner for longer. Anyone who has suffered the agony of trying to clean their humidifier tank knows this a must-buy.
4. A 21-ounce jug of Greenies treats, because as much as you love your cat, their breath could use some work.
Promising review: "My cat came to me with most of her teeth already pulled. I wanted to save the remaining ones so I use a periodontal tooth powder in conjunction with these Greenies. The combo works really well, and she loves the Greenies! These are a winner in our house." —Nenni
Get it from Amazon for $35.49 (available in four flavors).
5. A mosquito-repelling camping lantern that'll provide light and protection from buzzing pests. Just think: no sprays, no using your phone as a flashlight, no gross candles — just good vibes.
Promising review: "After using this thing up in the mountains and in the backyard jungle I have, this little device makes a big difference in sitting outside at night. I doubted that anything besides a good repellent would work, but I was wrong. I will be buying a couple more to have handy wherever I am. Go ahead and buy one, they work!" —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $36.59.
6. Sand & Sky's Tasmanian Spring Water Wonder lotion — with the heroically hydrating ingredient hyaluronic acid — that's pretty much luxury skincare for your body. It's ultra-lightweight and luxurious, not unlike the expensive moisturizer you treat your face to.
7. A satin-lined Hairbrella to keep your hair protected from rain, humidity, and anything else that's out to ruin your perfect hairdo.
8. A pack of Bottle Bright tablets that clean those hard-to-reach places so you don't have to. That moldy Nalgene you forgot to clean for a year can now be saved from the garbage!
Just drop in a tablet with warm water and wait 15–30 minutes. Wash out and admire your sparkling container!
Promising review: "I actually found this product on a BuzzFeed article on things that you can’t believe you don’t already own. I figured I’d give it a shot as we have plenty of gross looking travel coffee mugs. I was not disappointed, in fact, I was blown away. I was amazed and even a tad disgusted at how gross they truly were." —Nanners1010
Get a pack of 12 from Amazon for $8.
9. A Marshmallow Whip Maker loved by TikTokers thanks to its ability to turn your hum-drum cleanser into light frothy foam. Foam = easier to apply and less friction bothering your skin.
10. A Cat Dancer toy you can waggle in front of your feline whenever you wanna give them a proper workout.
11. A pack of fancy peanut butter cups that critics (me) are calling the Candy of the Year. Good luck not eating the entire bag in one sitting!
12. A Supergoop Getaway Kit with everything you need to survive a beach trip, all with playful packaging from Gray Malin (the photographer behind the iconic coffee table book, Beaches).
14. A magnetic hanging utensil set with all the kitchen greatest hits: a slotted spatula, spaghetti server, slotted spoon, solid spoon, and a ladle. They all nest together to form an aesthetically pleasing rainbow that doesn't take up too much counter space.
Promising review: "We travel full-time and move every three months so everything has to be compact and packable. These replaced five other kitchen utensils that did not nest in each other. They sit on the counter ready to use. They are sturdy and have been used in nonstick ceramic and cast-iron pans. Very happy with this set." —Justice Talbot
Get a set from Amazon for $28 (available in three other color varieties).
15. A survival bandana printed with a ton of helpful survival information in case you get into trouble on a hike. It's good to wear on your head, use as a sling, collect water, and more.
Promising review: "Oversized compared to your typical bandana, which is awesome! Great weight. My family and I have been building our BOBs (bug out bags). I have been wanting to find something like this for a while. It is nice; it has instructions on it. Very versatile. I bought one to test out to see if it was worth getting more. I am thrilled to say it is. I will be purchasing one for each of us. Super excited. I love how brightly colored this one is as well. It is going to make it nice to hike and camp with." —Shadow Breaker
16. A pack of Alta soda, an Italian apertivo-inspired drink that I'd describe as more spicy and herbal than sweet. Enjoy alone as an adult soda or mix with booze for a light cocktail.
20. A power strip with an ultra thin outlet cover so you can enjoy all your ports without dealing with buiky cords getting in the way of keeping your furniture flush to the wall.
Promising review: "The design of this is great. I always hated putting plugs behind furniture and either not using the plug, or the furniture being inches away from the wall. This is the perfect solution. I have a few of these now behind couches and dressers in the house and they are great. This is more expensive than some other flat extension cords but I think the look and quality of these is worth it." —Adam C.
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
21. A set of popular wickaway sweatbands to keep your sweat at bay, aka out of your face and eyes.
Promising review: "Amazing quality! These are super soft and keep your head cool when working out! I couldn’t believe how well they work at wicking away moisture and staying cool! They came in a super nice box that will help me to not lose them — like I’m prone to. The colors are cute and the headbands aren’t too tight at all! They have nice stretch to them if you have a larger head. This is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made on Amazon! I’m so glad I bought these!" —Gypsigirl213
Get a set of 10 from Amazon for $17.99.
22. A Baby Yoda toothpaste dispenser that'll spit out toothpaste right on your brush. Who knew alien spit was good for fighting plaque?
24. A tiny milk frother in case you wanna make delicious frothy drinks at home that rival even the fanciest of coffee shops.
25. Rectangular shades for a retro look that'll make any outfit 100% more Instagrammable.
26. A lantern and fan hybrid you can hook to the top of your tent, because who said you can't take a ceiling fan on a camping trip?
Promising review: "I went camping this week, and I just hate when it's sooooo darn hot in the tent, and of course there's no place to put a fan AND a light. This one worked perfectly. It hung by it's built in hook to the top of the tent, the light was just right, and the fan was quiet and effective for a two-person tent. Happy I bought it." —Kevin Gaither
Get it from Amazon for $20.84.
27. Tide's Brights + Whites Rescue capable of making colorful clothing more vibrant and white clothing up to three shades lighter. Wow, better wear sunglasses when you pull out your dazzlingly clean laundry!
Promising review: "I bought this based off of the good reviews and I'm so glad I did! I added the Tide W+B and washed on hot with extra rinse cycle to help remove the strong fragrance. I did this twice. Whites and colors looked new again!! Then I used it on all of my white bed sheets and towels. Amazing difference!" —Sean Ulrich
Get a pack of 27 from Amazon for $16.99.
28. A canine ear cleaner so your pup can actually hear you when you tell them what a good dog they are. :3
Promising review: "I bought this for my cat because he had ear mites when I got him and when they cleared up, his ears were left with a bunch of nasty wax and I couldn't get all of it out in fear of pushing it farther down. This stuff brought EVERYTHING up! I LOVE it and HIGHLY recommend for anyone with an animal with dirty ears! My cat has stopped scratching at his ears finally because they are nice and clean!" —Tricia S.
Get it from Amazon for $11.99.
29. A Rumpl indoor/outdoor blanket, which is waterproof and dirt resistant so you can stay cozy, even in the dirtiest conditions.
Rumpl is a Portland, OR-based small business that was inspired by warm and snuggly sleeping bags, and how much better the material retains heat compared to traditional bedding. The idea of a "sleeping bag blanket" was born, and Rumpl with it. They use only 100% post-consumer recycled materials, and are now recycling over 5 million discarded plastic bottles through their supply chain every year. They also offset all their carbon emissions with carbon credits!
The Rumpl blanket is also machine washable and dryer-safe!
Promising review: "We took this king-size blanket with us on our camping trip to New Zealand. At first I thought it might have been too overkill since it took up a lot of space in my luggage and a duvet was included in our camper van rental. But we ended up using this every night, enjoying the warmth and breathable comfort even on fairly warmly evenings. It was definitely large enough for two even with tossing and turning, we both had enough Rumpl to sleep well throughout the night. Great purchase, totally worth it." —Becca606
Get it from Amazon for $99+ (available in two sizes and five colors).
30. A handy multitool jar opener that uses the power of grippy rubber and torque to make opening any stubborn jar a breeze. It also comes with a bottle opener that can also open some cans!
Psst — a lot of reviewers with arthritis swear by these for pain-free, easy opening, and parents say it makes it a lot easier for kids to open jars, too!
Promising review: "Having had arthritis in my hands since my teens, I have used many jar/bottle openers out of necessity. The OXO ones work well, but wear out within a year because of the volume of usage. This fabulous opener has yet to find a container that it cannot easily open, even bottles of water with heavily sealed caps. I love it so much I ordered another one to have in two drawers on either end of my kitchen. This gripper does not exacerbate my carpel tunnel syndrome, either. I would give it more stars if I could." —Patrizia L.
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in five colors).
31. A portable, all-in-one golf cleaner with a built-in spray bottle, scrub pad, brass groove cleaning tools, and brush all to make sure caked on dirt doesn't come between you and a birdie.
Promising review: "I'll start with saying Caddy Clean is the top of the line cleaner when it comes to golf club care. If you think about it in a cost since you're spending $26 for something that can clean and care for your (very expensive) clubs and save you from purchasing new clubs a lot earlier. Not only is it efficient it is also convenient. Small and easy to carry as this all in one cleaner. The product design is sleek and professional and something I am truly happy to purchase. I have recommended it to all my fellow golfers and I am recommending it for you guys as well. If you care about your clubs and your golf game buy this product!" —Valo
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
32. Stretchy leggings that pretty much everyone adores (hello, over 15,000 positive reviews), thanks to their comfortable fit, high waist, and ruched features. Oh, and everyone's butts looking amazing in them!
33. A washable sponge for anyone who hates having to throw away so many mostly-fine sponges just because of a little mildew smell.
When the sponge starts getting funky, machine wash on warm and air dry.
Promising review: "I LOVE this sponge. I love that its reusable and it does a better job of cleaning pots and pans than a disposable sponge." —Kristina Babinski
34. A brightening face mask made with 100% pure, edible fruits like lucuma, papaya, and sea buckthorn perry. It smells tropical, is packed with vitamin C, and gently exfoliates your skin. Just add water to activate.
35. A foaming hand soap that dispenses yuzu-scented foam in the shape of a flower. I'm sorry is this the bathroom of a MAGICAL FOREST SPRITE?
36. Anti-chafing balm because summer should be pain-free, even if you're completely set on breaking in those new jelly sandals.
You can put this stuff wherever needs protection, but they also sell Foot Glide as well.
Promising review: "This stuff really is AWESOME. I don't know where it has been all my life. I started looking for something for thigh chafing after running into a few issues (not fun). I bought this and it has been fantastic. No rubbing, no issue. And it is super easy to use, just slide it on like you'd use deodorant. I give it a few good swipes on any area that may even think about touching and I'm done. It's light as a feather and leaves no residue (see above photo). It is so light that I actually thought that it wouldn't work, as I was expecting some slippery substance, but that was not the case. I have taken this on the ULTIMATE test... a vacation to Mexico where chaffing thighs become both me and my husband's problem due to the constant wet skin and walking. So we both used it on a hike in a jungle. I just knew this would fail me. I was sweating, my things were sweating, my husband was sweating. I was expecting to have the stuff just wear off from the sweat and all the walking but... NOPE! It stayed on. I even took a dip in a waterfall and it was still on to take me back to the beach. Neither one of us had any problems and my husband was equally impressed. He said we weren't ever going on a vacation again without it. LOL! So I absolutely recommend this product. Try it, you will not be disappointed!" —SweetPea
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
37. A bag of low-carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free brownie mix for an inclusive treat everyone can enjoy.
Promising review: "I'm not a fan of sugar. I'm 24 but it just doesn't agree with me. So when I visited my parents my mom started RAVING about these brownies because she's on a keto diet and has a huge sweet tooth, well....I ate three huge portions and she was mad but I'm already making more upstairs as I type this! Delicious! Wouldn't know it was sugar-free unless you told me." —meh
Get it from Amazon for $12.99.
38. A wood polish capable of turning back time to before you invited over a guest who forgot a coaster or got a dog with scratchy nails.
Promising review: "This stuff is absolutely AMAZING. My wife and I were getting tired of looking at our worn-out cabinets and wood paneling and were very close to paying a professional thousands of dollars to refinish it all, but then we came across this product. Our paneling and cabinets were looking rough. We have two dogs that jumped up and scratched places. We also had an area that was damaged by water spots where our dog bowls were. Several other areas were just worn from heavy traffic. This stuff was like a magical eraser for water spots, scratches, scuffs, and any other blemish. We simply wiped the product on with a paper towel and let is sit for 20 minutes before wiping it off with a clean towel. Everything looks brand new. I'm buying a couple more so we can finish our cabinets and wood paneling. We're so glad we found this product." —Kris
Get it from Amazon for $12.48.