Graham Young, "The Teacup Poisoner", was just 14 when he started mixing his own poisons and testing them on his family, pets, and school friends. He served his family poisoned cups of tea, killing his stepmother, Molly, in 1962. He was arrested and locked up, but released nine years later.
His second wave of poisonings occurred in 1971, when Young worked at a photographic company in the English village of Bovingdon. Staff began to fall ill with vomiting, cramps, diarrhoea, and numb hands. They thought it was food poisoning and named it “The Bovingdon Bug”, but then people's hair started to fall out, and two men died. Young was arrested again and died in prison in 1990, aged 42.