31 Things From Walmart Under $50 That’ll Inexpensively Update Your Home
As we come closer to ringing in the new year, 'tis the season for ~updating~ your home, and why not do it all for under $50?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A fluffy sherpa blanket for naps on the couch or a cuddle session with your favorite human or furry friend. Bonus: This comes in six colors!
2. A modern tripod table and floor lamp set because who doesn't want a two-for-one price deal? This modern, minimalist design will be easy to match with your existing decor.
3. A tufted trellis decorative throw pillow to give any room a modern farmhouse or boho vibe. This fun pillow is made from 100% cotton fabric and is filled with ~recycled~ polyester.
4. A tabletop wooden tray for a rustic vibe. This tray is perfect as a centerpiece for any table. You can use this tray for entertaining, to hold a vase, for TV remotes, and so much more.
5. A French-style gold frame to give any room that ~je ne sais quoi.~ This is perfect for a glamorous vibe! These gold frames come in various sizes, so it's easy to keep the frames consistent throughout any home.
6. A simple lamp with a USB port, so you can charge your phone whenever and wherever in your home. This lamp is on the smaller side, so it's ideal for a small space.
7. A white-wash, ~farmhouse~ wall mirror because sometimes you just need to check your outfit one last time before heading out the door. Additionally, it would be great for some TikTok videos (not saying that's our only use for a mirror...but).
8. A ~floating~ clock that showcases the classic architectural design for a unique vibe. Although this piece is simple, it will make any room look cooler and more ~aesthetic.~
9. A lightbox novelty decorative sign because let's be real here — it's super cute and irresistible. Use this to showcase ~whatever~ is on your mind.
10. A set of six lightweight floating picture frames for a modern feel. These float frames are a minimalist's dream come true.
11. A ~personalized~ art canvas with you and your S.O.'s name "carved" onto a tree because it's super cute and will make your S.O. blush. It makes a great gift and bonus, it comes in three sizes!
12. A faux suede decorative throw pillow with ~flange~ that'll look great on every surface, your couch, your bed, and more. Be warned. your pet might try to steal this to sleep on.
13. An ~elegant~ mercury glass gold vase to add a pinch of elegance to your space. It is sure to stand out in your home, no matter what.
14. A bronze traditional task lamp to make you feel like you're living in a historical drama. This lamp is perfect for your desk or if you want to live your best dark academia life. Plus it's super bright!
15. A funky diffuser that's inspired by the stars because if you have to WFH, at least you can make it feel like a spa day. This diffuser even comes with some essential oils, so you're ready to go!
16. A "hello" doormat to welcome everyone into your home. This chic doormat is such a simple and inexpensive way to make your home feel more ~homey.~
17. A set of three white ceramic pillar candle holders that'll give your space a timeless look. Use these as a centerpiece, or even spread them throughout your home to improve the atmosphere.
18. A faux fur throw to embrace your inner polar bear this winter. These faux fur blankets may be super cuddly, but they are also surprisingly lightweight so that you can keep 'em around all year long.
19. A set of two-wire baskets with fabric for anything and everything. These rustic baskets are inspired by visions of historical France and perfect for that ~French girl vibe.~
20. A five-light floor lamp that'll brighten up any room — it's got five light fixtures for a reason. Plus, each light is flexible, so you can adjust it to your liking.
21. Plus a textured lightweight, solid curtain panel to help with the brightening. This design is perfect to spruce up any room for a more casual and chill look.
22. A striped washable bath rug for any ~nautical~ themed bathroom or really any bathroom. It even has a skid-resistant background, so you don't slip and hurt yourself.
23. A crushed velvet tufted square floor cushion to glam up your favorite spot to sit. These ~oversized~ cushions are perfect for stacking up on any bench, bed, and more.
24. A set of white marble bookends that take you from A to Z, literally. These bookends are perfect for updating your bookshelf or office space.
25. A navy three-piece area rug in an abstract pattern to stand out in your home. These rugs are machine-washable and have a nonskid latex backing.
26. A rustic wood desktop organizer because if you have to work from home, why not do it in style? Plus, we all know how easy it is to lose things in our home.
27. A candle holder with spots for not one, not two, but seven candles! This candle holder can hold three pillar candles and four votive or tea light candles. The silver colors make it easy to match to any decor style.
28. A set of room-darkening curtains, because sometimes you need to block out the sunlight. These are designed to help your sleep better and to keep out unwanted heat and cold.
29. A backrest lounger pillow for your bed, because who wants back pain? This backrest is super ~soft~ and perfect for lounging as we all continue to WFH.
30. A small storage basket tote made from ~woven plastic~ for organizing any room. You can use these for a variety of different items, including clothing, bath products, office supplies, and so much more.
31. A set of gold metal cougar bookends to keep your books looking fierce at all times. These bookends are perfect for adding a little glamour to your home.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.