1. Get in the car, we’re going to Blockbuster!
It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for all week long. School is out and the weekend is finally here! Jump in mom’s minivan because we’re heading to Blockbuster!
2. Did you bring the tapes to return?
Oops! Gotta run inside and grab the tapes for return. You fight with your brother over who has to go and get them. He is already buckled so you have to go.
3. Grab the tapes and don’t forget the one in the VCR!
How do those Blockbuster cases always disappear??
4. We’re here! That was fast.
Well, there’s at least one Blockbuster Video within a two-mile radius!
5. First thing’s first…
You had to run in for the tapes so tell your brother you definitely get to use the Quik Drop. Be sure to return all of your tapes before they’re overdue!
6. What are we watching this weekend?
Your entire family separates and everyone wanders into their favorite section.
7. Two games in one!!
Forget it! Super Nintendo game rentals are way too expensive!
8. Besides, this one is ALWAYS checked out!
Four games in one, of course it’s always checked out!
9. Move onto the Family & Kids section.
10. Seen it. Seen it. Seen it. Seen it.
11. If I don’t find something else, I’ll come back.
Which is Mary-Kate and which is Ashley?
12. My brother will call me a baby if I choose these.
(I’ve seen them all anyway!)
13. Own it. Own it. Own it.
14. Animal movies are always checked out!
I’ll say “next time,” but they’ll be checked out then too.
15. I want to be Macaulay Culkin when I grow up!
Own it. Saw it in theaters. All my friends cried so I pretended I did too. Which one is that again - didn’t see/don’t want to.
16. We got here SO early! How are these already checked out? Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!
17. Blockbuster never has anything good!
(but, I mean, I’ve seen them all)
18. Nothing here. Let’s move onto comedy.
19. Seen these like a gazillion times!
20. Mom says to hurry up!
Otherwise you won’t have enough time to watch the movie when you get home. Just because it’s Friday doesn’t mean you don’t have a bedtime!
21. Oh my gosh! Elijah! Brad!
Wait… these aren’t kids movies. What the heck? Why are you trying to trick little kids into watching drama movies that star their favorite child actors?
22. Where did dad go? Oh! New releases!
23. Okay wait…
How can Robin Williams, Tom Hanks and Jim Carrey be in so many new movies at once? Hey! These aren’t “new,” they’re just popular titles that the store has multiple copies of and has no room for them on other shelves.
Woh, do you have to be able to alphabetize in order to work here?
24. Getting in Line… Mom. Puh-leeeeez?
No, as usual. Mom is SO mean!
25. Checking out. Hope you remembered the card!
They’ll scan the card and you just hope you don’t have any LATE FEES on the account!
26. Pay the cashier.
That should cover the rentals!
27. Come home and put on your pajamas!
Are you ready? You look ready.
28. Pop that video into your VCR. Hit play and… HEY! They forgot to rewind!
Nooooooooooooooooo! Now we have to wait for ever to watch!
29. What a difference, Blockbuster Video. On behalf of all the 80s and 90s kids, our family trips to your stores will always be remembered!
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 159 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.