3. It's not actually harmful to pick up baby birds and return them to their nests, and it will not cause their mother to reject them.
5. There are not different areas of the tongue dedicated to different tastes. Every taste can be detected on every part of the tongue.
9. The story about NASA developing a space pen while the Russians used a pencil isn't true. NASA also used pencils.
10. It's never actually stated that the forbidden fruit mentioned in the Bible is an apple. Some claim that it was more likely a fig or pomegranate.
There's sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing, but humans can also sense a ton of other stuff, like balance, acceleration, pain, and temperature (among other things).
13. The Earth doesn't revolve around the Sun. It's actually revolving around the solar system's center of mass.
20. When John F. Kennedy's said, "Ich bin ein Berliner," nobody thought he was saying "I am a jelly doughnut."
25. There wasn't actually widespread panic after Orson Welles' 1938 radio broadcast of The War of the Worlds.
32. The Coriolis effect does not actually make water rotate in different directions while flushing toilets and draining bathtubs.
This post has been updated to meet our attribution standards.