4. If ALL THAT isn’t enough, you can always show your appreciation for both beer and biking by “racing” in the Tour de Fat.
New Belgium’s annual celebration of bikes, beer, and crazy costumes has spread to ten other cities across America, but you better believe that tradition started right here in Fort Collins.
11. Fort Collins is so idyllic and picturesque, even Walt Disney looked to us as an example.
That’s right! The part of Disney parks called “Main Street, U.S.A.” that’s meant to look and feel like an ideal American town was inspired by and designed to look like downtown Fort Collins.
16. Despite the entire population being on an all-cinnmon roll diet, Fort Collins in one of the healthiest cities in the country.
According to a 2012 Gallup-Healthways Survey, Fort Collins is the 4th healthiest midsize city in the US. And that doesn’t just measure physical health! It also takes into account mental health and overall well-being!
17. Like trees? Yeah you do. Fort Collins is lousy with them.
The Arbor Day Foundation, which is like king of the trees, has called Fort Collins “Tree City USA.” Whether you’re an Ent or just someone who’s really into trees, Fort Collins in the place to be.
22. Fort Collins High School’s mascot is a lambkin, which is a baby lamb.
Which doesn’t seem very awesome at first, but think about how bad ass you have to be to make your mascot a baby lamb. You REALLY have to back something like up with balls-to-the-wall ferocity.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy theory. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏